Does anyone have favorite quotes?

Help Support CattleToday:

Auburn_Ag":133rhfn4 said:
"A smoking section in a restaurant is like a peeing section in a swimming pool." My boss

This one reminds me of a sign over a urinal. Don;t through cigarette in the urinal, we don;t pee in your ashtray!

dun

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

"'Liberal' is not a political affiliation, it is a state of mindlessness."
-Joe LeBlanc

Non bastimus et carborundum

"Therefore a wise prince will seek means by which his subjects will always and in every possible condition of things have need of his government, and then they will always be faithful to him."

--Niccolo Machiavelli,
"The Prince"

"Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side."
--Anonymous

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs."
--Lily Tomlin

"Liberals are people who stand up for the little guy while looking down their noses at him."
--VanC

Take care of business in a flash-Elvis Presley

Always tell the truth, but don't always be tellin' it- Daddy

When the world seems against you, remember an airplane takes off against the wind-Daddy

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a d_ _ n. Rhett Butler

Everytime I get around young people I remember what my grandmother always said:

"Manners are the only thing in life that are free!"

And of course, my mother's favorite:

"Do you want me to whip you? :shock: "

Van

vbd":qo4zow5w said:
Everytime I get around young people I remember what my grandmother always said:

"Manners are the only thing in life that are free!"

And of course, my mother's favorite:

"Do you want me to whip you? :shock: "

Van

was your answer to that 'Yes please Mom' ;-) :roll: :lol:

Another one that came up this morning when a friend of mine was whining about something not working right: "A poor workman alwasy blames his tools" Heard that from my dad all the time

My dads quotes

regarding gossisps....What goes around comes around

regarding patience ....Rome was not built in a day

regarding showoffs..no use being poor and looking poor

dun":2tkvit0v said:
Auburn_Ag":2tkvit0v said:
"A smoking section in a restaurant is like a peeing section in a swimming pool." My boss

This one reminds me of a sign over a urinal. Don;t through cigarette in the urinal, we don;t pee in your ashtray!

dun

Another over the urinal at courthouse, "don't through your cigerette butts in the urinal. makes thems soggy and hard to light."

two from my Gran after we kids had had a barney 'Alls well, that ends well' and 'least said soonest mended'

and my Dad used always say if we were tittle tatteling 'A still tounge, keeps a wise head'

my Grandads were classic 'Many a Mickel makes a Mackle' don't ask me what it means I have no Idea, it was one of his Scots ones. and 'Don't go to sea in a leaky sieve!!!' and the last one,'Todays acorns may appear small, but they are tomorrows oak trees'

Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.
Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Kansas City Star (27 April 1918).

"If I don't get killed, this'll be pretty cool."
(unknown)

Latest posts