Does anybody ever get mad here?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I post here, way more than I should. To this day, I'm really not sure why. I guess in the end, I just enjoy the conversation. I don't remember ever getting upset over a cattle related topic. I ocassionaly see comments in the coffe shop, that are contradictory to what I may think. I can't say I get upset about them though. I usually take a peak, just for a little insight.

I have a broader definition of taking the Lords name in vain than most. On at least two occasions, I can remember getting my feathers ruffled over that.

Other than those two times, I can't remember ever getting mad here. I do see this place as interpersonal communication, and I can see how people would get mad. It's just that I'm here, and your there. It seems kinda petty to get mad at someone you don't really know.

Does anybody ever get mad, at what they read here? Just wondering.

I have gotten my feathers ruffled a few times and flat out mad once. All were over members being disrespectful to people I felt didn't deserve it and my responses have sometimes been less than worthy of respect. :oops:
The one that really made me mad was a guy I felt I'd helped some that showed blatant disrespect to women in general and proceeded to make it personal on a few occasions. I don't usually hold grudges but I still have to keep myself in check when I see him post.

I've gotten really and truly mad only 3 or 4 times in my life, and you can bet none of them were over something that someone I've never met typed here. I might have gotten irritated a time or two, but nowhere near mad.

MF135 got my attention on trespassing. And Fenceman for being fenceman, but don't tell him that. :D For the life of me I can't see why someone would get their blood pressure up over the Internet.

Mad? Nope. To impersonal a medium. Human nature is to be most excitable when people, places, things or ideas that we place value on are attacked. Since this is the internet, the only real threat is to my personal value and belief system. This is precisely one of the reasons I indulge in this board (like BF said, I post more than I probably need to as well). I am here primarily to learn from those with more knowledge and experience than I have. To that end, this board has been extremely useful. As far as my own values/beliefs being tested, I think it is important to be challenged to help solidify or reevaluate. Sometimes, a different perspective can prompt introspection, thereby promoting growth and hopefully wisdom. To that end, I also enjoy this board. While I don't always agree, I do appreciate an intelligent, well formed perspective.
Finally, I do enjoy some of the guilty pleasures this board occasionally provides.

I hardly ever get mad.. they say anger is a condition where the mouth works faster than the brain, and it's pretty true.

SirLoin and company got me pretty hot a time or two by being obtuse and apparently having no reading comprehension. Other than that, disrespectful people are the only ones I have a problem with, I can take any amount of opposing opinion that's friendly (It would be boring if we all thought the same way). To that end, I only have one person on my foe list, and I managed to have none for years

I have gotten mad at my wife once in the 17 years I have been with her. It would take much more than a silly message board to get me there. I might not agree with everyone here, but I do not expect to. We are all different people with different points of view.

Bigfoot":3giypr3r said:
I post here, way more than I should. To this day, I'm really not sure why. I guess in the end, I just enjoy the conversation. I don't remember ever getting upset over a cattle related topic. I ocassionaly see comments in the coffe shop, that are contradictory to what I may think. I can't say I get upset about them though. I usually take a peak, just for a little insight.

I have a broader definition of taking the Lords name in vain than most. On at least two occasions, I can remember getting my feathers ruffled over that.

Other than those two times, I can't remember ever getting mad here. I do see this place as interpersonal communication, and I can see how people would get mad. It's just that I'm here, and your there. It seems kinda petty to get mad at someone you don't really know.

No, nor anywhere else on the internet and I've been on forums of one kind or another since 2001. Do I get into spirited debate? Sure, but that's as far as it goes, and to honest, I don't understand the whole locked thread, deleted posts thing outside the owner doesn't want certain topics brought up. I've always felt no one can offend me of their own words--I have to CHOOSE to be offended and 99.999% of the time, I simply choose not to. This whole "Can't we get along, and play nice" stuff is part of what's wrong with America today.
But so what if people DO choose to get upset and even call each other a "toad licking monkey waxer" ? Big whooin' deal.. :roll: They're just gonna yaw and jaw back in forth and believe me, the world won't end if no one puts a stop to it, and it will end on it's own soon enough anyway. It always does.

the only real threat is to my personal value and belief system.
I don't feel that way. There's nothing that can be said on any internet forum by someone else that could in any way, shape, or form, threaten my own personal value or beliefs.

I am not going to allow an internet forum to dictate my moods. We all chose to come here to share and learn. If I got mad then I would just stay away.
I do not miss some of the attitudes that no longer post here.

greybeard":28z2e4vn said:
Bigfoot":28z2e4vn said:

No, nor anywhere else on the internet and I've been on forums of one kind or another since 2001. Do I get into spirited debate? Sure, but that's as far as it goes, and to honest, I don't understand the whole locked thread, deleted posts thing outside the owner doesn't want certain topics brought up. I've always felt no one can offend me of their own words--I have to CHOOSE to be offended and 99.999% of the time, I simply choose not to. This whole "Can't we get along, and play nice" stuff is part of what's wrong with America today.
But so what if people DO choose to get upset and even call each other a "toad licking monkey waxer" ? Big whooin' deal.. :roll: They're just gonna yaw and jaw back in forth and believe me, the world won't end if no one puts a stop to it, and it will end on it's own soon enough anyway. It always does.

the only real threat is to my personal value and belief system.
I don't feel that way. There's nothing that can be said on any internet forum by someone else that could in any way, shape, or form, threaten my own personal value or beliefs.

I'm not as enlightened, educated or informed... there have been a few topics talked about on this board that I believed a certain way, then some folks presented a factual link (I believe you have been the culprit a few times :D ) or a perspective I never considered. I try to be just smart enough to realize how little I really know. My values are pretty well solidified, but things I believe? Well, I am always open to the truth and facts and realize, sometimes, the things I believe may be 'inaccurate.'

I dont get mad HERE at people i`ve never met but i do like some of the people even though i have never met them (and bigfoot you make that list)

I do get riled up sometimes. I don't deal with stupid very well. Does it make any difference ?? No it's just banter on the Internet. If your not passionate enough to stand up for what you believe in and be willing to fight , so be it.

M-5":14a12fnr said:
No it's just banter on the Internet.
Exactly--and on top of all that, it's just once click of the 'disconnect' icon from making every single bit of it completely disappear. The truth is, outside the technical assets/information posted, the real world will little care nor long remember anything else said on an internet forum.

M-5":31ay6rtq said:
I do get riled up sometimes. I don't deal with stupid very well. Does it make any difference ?? No it's just banter on the Internet. If your not passionate enough to stand up for what you believe in and be willing to fight , so be it.

How thd heck do you fight over the Internet M5? I'd have to come to Two Egg, or you'd have to come to Jay Bird Springs for us to fight. I refuse to call someone out over the Internet or the phone. But with you I might make an exception.

WalnutCrest":5131l2yy said:
Experiencing someone being obstinate or petty are problems.

Real life is different than the internet.
Sums it up better than I could. I do get mad (sort of) when the name calling starts.

Latest posts