DIY 6-10’ Cultipacker

Help Support CattleToday:

ValleyView

Reaction score
Anybody on here had any success making their own cultipacker? I have been looking at Land Pride and Packer Maxx cultipackers but wanted to exhaust all options before spending money on either. I am needing to renovate pasture/hay ground and need something to roll over the seed after discing and broadcasting.

Was curious if anybody on here had pics or thoughts of the best route. Have seen a few posts in other forums on the web, but wanted to see what you all had to allow. Thanks in advance!

Saw a video were a guy filled a 12" plastic culvert with concrete. He ran a pipe through it first and welded ends on it. It was one with the 1/2" wide ribs.

I tow a rubber tire roller behind my seeder. I think it does a good job. The tires are threaded over three 11/2"pipes which form a triangle which also rotates on an axle. The setup allows the tires to move independently of each other.

Ken

wbvs58 said:
I tow a rubber tire roller behind my seeder. I think it does a good job. The tires are threaded over three 11/2"pipes which form a triangle which also rotates on an axle. The setup allows the tires to move independently of each other.

Ken

Ken,

This sounds pretty straight forward but do you have any pictures of your set up?

I would be watching craigslist and facebook for old small one. I put a wore out cultimulcher in junk pile this spring

littletom said:
I would be watching craigslist and facebook for old small one. I put a wore out cultimulcher in junk pile this spring

No doubt they are out there, I'd much prefer to just buy one than try to build one myself. Just hadn't found the much in my area (NE Oklahoma).

Latest posts