No oil change for 10 years and 170 hours

Help Support CattleToday:

Tractor appears legit from the pictures, but to me the bucket doesn't match. It may have just sat somewhere other than where the tractor was parked, but I can't tell if that's a tape line on the cutting edge from painting or not. Either way, it has no bearing on the value of tractor - just me being picky.

The egr is regen which has the sensors, egr valve, computer board, particulate filter, etc. If 70 hp or under DEF is usually not required which is a lot easier to maintain.
No particulate filter or sensors. Parts manual just shows a muffler.

it is not uncommon where I work to have a tractor with over 500 and sometimes 1000 hrs and original filters still on it and oil never changed. still runs and operates as it should. I would not do that with my own equipment but that tractor should be fine. drain the break-in oil out, change filters, add recommended oil, and enjoy your new purchase.
just very curious, What kind of work do you do?

just very curious, What kind of work do you do?
I work in a test facility that test mainly new tractors. technically no one in particular owns or is in charge of maintaining the equipment. Thus the lack of maintenance. My coworkers and I are not authorized to do maintenance without work order from people higher up on the food chain. pretty sad. we have sold tractors with many hours with first oil change right before the sale.

I work in a test facility that test mainly new tractors. technically no one in particular owns or is in charge of maintaining the equipment. Thus the lack of maintenance. My coworkers and I are not authorized to do maintenance without work order from people higher up on the food chain. pretty sad. we have sold tractors with many hours with first oil change right before the sale.
???????

???????

Ever had a engine blow??

We do not have a set-up like that but can do the same type of testing. having an engine blow is sometimes the test. for example, have a PTO dyno with drive capability over rev an engine just to see max ERPM before it throws a rod out the side. those are the fun test
Wear your safety glasses... and DUCK!

MF manual has instuctions to change oil @100,200 then every 200hrs after that. I bought it with 460hrs. Changed it every 100hrs til about 1000, that's when it started to look a little better through the life of it. Just changed it after almost 200hrs the other day, after I originally read this thread..... just been putting it off. Thanks for the reminder. I ride about 125+/- hrs/yr and think thats about when I want to change it out from here.

We do not have a set-up like that but can do the same type of testing. having an engine blow is sometimes the test. for example, have a PTO dyno with drive capability over rev an engine just to see max ERPM before it throws a rod out the side. those are the fun test
Dad thought I should be an equipment tester -- I broke almost everything and thought farm equipment wasn't built tough enough. He said to quit running it like construction equipment and being in a hurry to go fishing or whatever was more fun wasn't going to make the job go faster with a break down. I was into the bigger hammer theory as a kid.

Dad thought I should be an equipment tester -- I broke almost everything and thought farm equipment wasn't built tough enough. He said to quit running it like construction equipment and being in a hurry to go fishing or whatever was more fun wasn't going to make the job go faster with a break down. I was into the bigger hammer theory as a kid.
I worked with a guy like that. He had no problems breaking something to get a job done.

But in the end I think he cost us more because the tool was broken when we needed it and the expense of replacement or repair was always more than the expense of making the tool work without breaking it.

I worked with a guy like that. He had no problems breaking something to get a job done.

But in the end I think he cost us more because the tool was broken when we needed it and the expense of replacement or repair was always more than the expense of making the tool work without breaking it.
I spent a lot of time in the shop repairing my messes. A lot of stuff we had and that I had to run was homebuilt so a little cutting, grinding and welding and I could be back in business. Dad and uncle ran the expensive equipment.

I spent a lot of time in the shop repairing my messes. A lot of stuff we had and that I had to run was homebuilt so a little cutting, grinding and welding and I could be back in business. Dad and uncle ran the expensive equipment.
I admire that mentality. I have a son-in-law that works harder than I ever thought of working, which is unusual, I think, for these days... and I could work circles around most people. But he breaks everything he touches just because he has no moderation in him. He can fix anything... but he breaks it faster than he makes money to fix it. So on the one hand I admire the crap out of his abilities... but reeeeally wonder about his impulse control. I'm very lucky to have him in my family. He's a great addition. But he leads a tough life.

Did you get the tractor? Here is a project on the cheap. A little buffing here and there would really help.

2013 Kubota m7040
$4,000
Graniteville, SC
About This Vehicle
Exterior color: Orange · Interior color: Orange
Fuel type: Diesel
Seller's Description
70hp Kubota 7040

[img
cq3On6K.jpg

Last edited:
Did you get the tractor? Here is a project on the cheap. A little buffing here and there would really help.

2013 Kubota m7040
$4,000
Graniteville, SC
About This Vehicle
Seller's Description
70hp Kubota 7040

67moekU.jpg
Yes I bought it. Hopefully it was a good buy. Time will tell. Pretty large purchase for me especially with no warranty. Sure I saved a third over new and no emissions is a plus.

2013 Kubota m7040
$4,000
Graniteville, SC
About This Vehicle
Seller's Description
70hp Kubota 7040

67moekU.jpg
I'll pass 😂

2013 Kubota m7040
$4,000
Graniteville, SC
About This Vehicle
Seller's Description
70hp Kubota 7040

67moekU.jpg

Going to take a lot of cash to fix the obvious problems with that worn out girl. Then probably a whole lot more to fix the abuses that can't be seen. Ha

Latest posts