Did ya'll hear that about an hour ago?

Help Support CattleToday:

That was funny Ryder . :lol:

Jo I thought I heard blood curdling scream when I was mowing the lawn but by the time I stopped to check it out it had stopped. :shock:

I HATE snakes , don't know how you guys manage with them around all the time . Glad to hear you weren't bit. :tiphat:

Me too but I'd rather it been me than my daughter but she did good. Last I checked a snake bite will run you about $16,000 not to mention the other pain.

glad he rattled and yall are safe....
I come close to stepping on a black snake Friday in tall grass and near crapped myself...and I didn't have my pistol....
would not have mattered as he vamoosed so fast I could not have shot him anyway....I have no idea where he went...just vanished like a magician in the tall grass.
just glad it wasn't a copperhead as both dogs were with me....

I pushed three pairs up into the alley yesterday to sort of the last of my calves and heard the buzz in a big way. :shock: Luckily we interrupted his breakfast so biting was out of the question. I would have left him alone if he wasn't so intent on sticking around and being pizzed off. Thirteen rattles and I'm guessing four and a half feet but I didn't care enough to crawl up under the catwalk to drag him out and measure. I did cut his tail since it was laying in the ally. :D

That buzzing will get your attention want it? They are really crawling here with it raining about every other day and cooking things down.

Jogeephus":18vm8li2 said:
That buzzing will get your attention want it? They are really crawling here with it raining about every other day and cooking things down.

Sitting on the front porch this evening dog was barking at something against the porch.
I thought o crap rattlesnake reached inside the door and grabed the 22.
Wasn't a rattlesnake but a dang good copperhead. Jo I didn't paint him.
If you had stepped off the slab someone would have got bit.

The wife says that several of her face book friends from Western Kansas are coming up with interesting rattle snake stories. I wonder if Al Gore is responsible for the rattler outbreak? ;-)

Caustic Burno":2ipzquuu said:
Jogeephus":2ipzquuu said:

Sitting on the front porch this evening dog was barking at something against the porch.

Is that the same dog you thought wouldn't amount to much?

Caustic Burno":luhtl3t1 said:
Jogeephus":luhtl3t1 said:

Only good copperhead is a dead one!
Did you look in it's mouth?
I'm still looking for the one fanged piece of crap that bit my toe. Wife says I'm the Capt Ahab of the snake world.

A couple weeks ago the daughter in Montana said she killed her first rattler of the year. She ran him over. Said she wasn't sure if she got him so she backed up and ran him over again...... 5 or 6 times.

Latest posts