Deal of the century

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I have been very busy and haven't posted much but I had to share my deal of the century. I went to an estate pre-sale of a man who passed away a few months ago. He was a tool junkie and had a work-shop full of tools. The family was selling everything. A guy that works for me is a friend of the family so I got to go look at everything and make purchases before the sale opened to the public. I got a Smith Oxygen/Acetylene torch kit complete with dolly, full size tanks, torch, regulators, hoses, extra torch heads, goggles and chipping hammer for $100 and it was like new condition. Probably wasn't used but a couple of times. I also got a brand new Lincoln 225 welder still wrapped in plastic with the leads and a wheeled dolly for $150. I also bought two new rolls of barbed wire for $50 just because I got such a great deal on the other stuff. I am sure some of you guys that use this kind of thing on a daily basis know what it is worth new. I am guessing the torch kit and tanks are worth 7 to 800 retail and the welder about 350ish. I already had a Lincoln 225 but couldn't pass it up at that price. Aside from the tools I picked up a Horton crossbow, bolts, quiver and ground blind for $75. I rarely get this lucky so I thought I would brag a little :mrgreen:

You did mighty fine. You could have a little trouble with the bottles. Getting hard to get em filled if the serial#s don't match ownership. Some places still will , some won't. Even if you loose the bottles you better than doubled your money.