The real deal

Help Support CattleToday:

My daughter-in-law laughs when I refer to my new truck. It's a 2006 with 270,000 miles. The old one is a 2000 model with about half that many.
It may be an unpopular opinion, but you just about have to hunt up something older and established anyway these days because of all the new crap and the constant problems with every new gen. I wouldn't buy a damn new truck in this market from this selection. I've been thinking about a Yoter for when this old girl finally runs her course, though not a new one.

I was on the road today and pulled up behind these two gentlemen. There are a lot of jokes on the enet about super punchers and looking ranchy and what not. We got people buying ragged out trucks and putting flat beds on them just for the look. 😆

I have a feeling... these two are the real deal. $20 they are wearing slacks and there is an old wooden cane in that truck for a working stick. 😄

View attachment 26823
How can you run a farm truck without a tailgate and a 4x4 P.T. wood beam protecting the rear window? Nope..either they're playing farmer or they're VERY Wealthy...doing some light fun jobs around the ranch. "Bill, I'm bored...what do you stay we go into town and get a few bags of grain" When you gonna fix that rear taillight Jim?..it's not important I don't drive after dark anymore.

they're missing the year old sq bale thrown up against the back of the cab.
1st clue is the spare tire is still up under the bed....

I usually buy Whataburger ketchup and mustard at h-e-b and most of the time, get Whataburger breakfast sausage too. Aint cheap, but at least it leaves enough grease in the skillet to make gravy with.

they're missing the year old sq bale thrown up against the back of the cab.
1st clue is the spare tire is still up under the bed....

I usually buy Whataburger ketchup and mustard at h-e-b and most of the time, get Whataburger breakfast sausage too. Aint cheap, but at least it leaves enough grease in the skillet to make gravy with.

Some of that cheap sausage leaves too much grease in the skillet. In the meantime a slice of it shrinks up to the size of a quarter.

Best breakfast sausage is in the meat counter at Gene's grocery store in Minneapolis Kansas. I always get some to cook when we visit the in laws.

Some of that cheap sausage leaves too much grease in the skillet. In the meantime a slice of it shrinks up to the size of a quarter.
That's why you form BIG patties to begin with.
(some of it nowadays, uncooked in the little chubs aren't much bigger than a quarter anyway. won't be long before they're same diameter as link sausage)
Remember when the sausage was bigger than, and stuck out the sides of the biscuit?

the real real deal is upon us.
Spring...

Action Recommended

Take shelter in place or per instructions

Issued By

Dallas/Fort Worth - TX, US, National Weather Service

Affected Area

Lampasas County

Description

The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a

Tornado Warning for... Southwestern Coryell County in central Texas... Southeastern Lampasas County in central Texas...

Until 715 PM CST.

At 637 PM CST, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was located 7 miles northwest of Kempner, or 9 miles west of Copperas Cove, moving east at 45 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.

IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree damage is likely.

This dangerous storm will be near... Copperas Cove around 650 PM CST. Fort Hood around 655 PM CST.

The weather guys were all in a tizzy about the first wave that came through about 7:30. It was a nothing burger. The real storm came through about 3AM this morning. Winds were clocked at 58 MPH. Kind of spooky in the old double wide.

Half inch here. I'm a little behind on dead tree removal…wind dropped a limb on a cowlot fence and hung another in the power line. Thought I had a transformer fire but it was the tree limb hanging from the wires and burning. Wires stayed up but I did loose power for an hour and a half.

Half inch here. I'm a little behind on dead tree removal…wind dropped a limb on a cowlot fence and hung another in the power line. Thought I had a transformer fire but it was the tree limb hanging from the wires and burning. Wires stayed up but I did loose power for an hour and a half.
I don't miss those days and nights one bit.