CUTTIN HAY WITH A TN75 PULLIN A 488

Help Support CattleToday:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Hello haymaker

I am not seeing the equipment in the pics.

Field looks great though.

Dub

Yeah, I wasn't sure what a 488 was. I am not familiar with anything that new. :lol:

I totally understand - I still don't know much about any equipment newer than my 1949 Super M!

DoubleK":1xiidpl2 said:
Hello haymaker

Dub

IMG_0790.jpg

Here is a picture of that little rig,I mainly posted about it because a few days back some one was askin about a TN75,it is a good little tractor for these small fields here in the TX Hill country,I would'nt want to use it on some of our larger fields in south TX,but sure works good around here where the fields are small and scattered,cutter does too,pullin it down county roads and getting in and out of tight places.............good luck

HAY MAKER":3t17qzt7 said:
DoubleK":3t17qzt7 said:
Hello haymaker

Dub

IMG_0790.jpg

Here is a picture of that little rig,I mainly posted about it because a few days back some one was askin about a TN75,it is a good little tractor for these small fields here in the TX Hill country,I would'nt want to use it on some of our larger fields in south TX,but sure works good around here where the fields are small and scattered,cutter does too,pullin it down county roads and getting in and out of tight places.............good luck

Thanks Haymaker

I bet your right, thats a very good size tractor and easy on the eyes as well.

Dub

Looks like you got a good first cutting and with good leaf to stem ratio. You must have received some real timely rains -- thank the big boss upstairs for it! I drove around Sequin this past weekend and saw many thousands of acres of the most pitiful corn, milo and hay fields you could imagine. All burned up --- corn won't make anything, though some of the milo had headed out short. No doubt there's lots of nitrate accumulation in the sorghum-type "hay"

I think I have something in common with your potlickers -- all 3 of usl need more exercise and to go on a diet. :)

Arnold Ziffle":2e6rx3bw said:
Looks like you got a good first cutting and with good leaf to stem ratio. You must have received some real timely rains -- thank the big boss upstairs for it! I drove around Sequin this past weekend and saw many thousands of acres of the most pitiful corn, milo and hay fields you could imagine. All burned up --- corn won't make anything, though some of the milo had headed out short. No doubt there's lots of nitrate accumulation in the sorghum-type "hay"

I think I have something in common with your potlickers -- all 3 of usl need more exercise and to go on a diet. :)

Arnold,I hope you aint serious about being outa shape as them fat ole cow dogs of mine,the cuttin of hay was fair considering how droughty its been in TX,I bet there wont be anymore cuttings this year,just open the gates and let those ole mama cows cut it,I'll bet you are right about the nitrates....good luck

Latest posts