My new tipper

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58

Reaction score
I went to an auction a couple of weeks ago and was surprised when I was the highest bidder on this 1970 International ACCO tipper at $1600. I had to put a new water pump seal in it but it goes and tips but doesn't stop, I will have a look at that next, everything seems to be intact there so will put in some brake fluid and bleed it and see where it comes out. There is a bit of sentimentality with these trucks for me, I drove the 4x4 and 6x6 variants in my part time service in the army and had a lot of fun in them. This truck will replace my old Bedford tipper which has to be towed through a draw bar and self steering set up on the front axle as it has a broken rear drive axle and is a bit awkward to use. I need to shift a bit of material for roadworks and the like.
It is sad that much manufacturing like this truck has been lost by Australia.

Ken

I went to an auction a couple of weeks ago and was surprised when I was the highest bidder on this 1970 International ACCO tipper at $1600. I had to put a new water pump seal in it but it goes and tips but doesn't stop, I will have a look at that next, everything seems to be intact there so will put in some brake fluid and bleed it and see where it comes out. There is a bit of sentimentality with these trucks for me, I drove the 4x4 and 6x6 variants in my part time service in the army and had a lot of fun in them. This truck will replace my old Bedford tipper which has to be towed through a draw bar and self steering set up on the front axle as it has a broken rear drive axle and is a bit awkward to use. I need to shift a bit of material for roadworks and the like.
It is sad that much manufacturing like this truck has been lost by Australia.

Ken

When I first started going to AU there was still some manufacturing and I was amazed you could still get what we refer to as an El Camino from Holden over there. Sadly Holden went away. It seems to me like almost everything over there except for high-end cars come from Asia. My clients in the plumbing and Electrical business hve large fleets of trucks nd vans I've never heard of. One thing I do find pretty ingenious however is the use of space in a van or a truck and the try bodies on the utes. I wish that was as easy to do in the US

Was just looking at military auctions the other day for a farm truck. I like the rugged exterior that never rusts. In the 90s, we still had Vietnam era trucks. Couldn't get one of them 6x6 stuck! Our company got a Bradley stuck in muck one time, that was fun.

Was just looking at military auctions the other day for a farm truck. I like the rugged exterior that never rusts. In the 90s, we still had Vietnam era trucks. Couldn't get one of them 6x6 stuck! Our company got a Bradley stuck in muck one time, that was fun.
In the army we used to take the 4x4 and 6x6 along with the old Studebaker 6x6 and intentionally bogged them. I remember once we got them bogged along a power line easement and there was nothing straight ahead to winch from and those big wheels had to be winched from straight ahead, any side force would break shear pins, not much fun underneath in the mud replacing shear pins on the winch. Digging wheels in as ground anchors was not much fun either.

Ken

When I first started going to AU there was still some manufacturing and I was amazed you could still get what we refer to as an El Camino from Holden over there. Sadly Holden went away. It seems to me like almost everything over there except for high-end cars come from Asia. My clients in the plumbing and Electrical business hve large fleets of trucks nd vans I've never heard of. One thing I do find pretty ingenious however is the use of space in a van or a truck and the try bodies on the utes. I wish that was as easy to do in the US
Yes there are some good options for the backs of utes for tradies.

Ken

Latest posts