Craigslist Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

i was on CL 2 or 3 days ago and found a reg 4yr old beefmaster pair with a bull calf for $4500.they said the cow could be bred back but didnt say how old her calf was.i was thinking she was over priced by $1500.but thats just me.as for the bottle calves id hate to say how meny i raised in almost 30yrs.

bigbull338":2a96retw said:
i was on CL 2 or 3 days ago and found a reg 4yr old beefmaster pair with a bull calf for $4500.they said the cow could be bred back but didnt say how old her calf was.i was thinking she was over priced by $1500.but thats just me.as for the bottle calves id hate to say how meny i raised in almost 30yrs.

I agree. Well I am starting on the bottle calves so check back in 30 years and I will tell you how many I managed to raise :lol:

That beefmaster pair is way overpriced. I agree at least $1500, if not more.

Williamsv":32dut3e8 said:
yes she was a tad to high.but heres the kicker,open reg heifers are selling for $2000 to $5000ea at the sales.bred cows heifers and pairs $4000 to $7000 now thats high quality cattle.ive got friends selling weaned calves for $2000 to $5000 now.i found a coming 3yr reg bull for sale for $4750 yesterday.

greybeard":1qund0ar said:
Rafter S":1qund0ar said:
skyhightree1":1qund0ar said:
hmm... I may 250-400 but 600 nope

http://richmond.craigslist.org/grd/4704996000.html

5 week old Angus bull calf. Grass and grain. $600

If he's just getting grass and grain somebody needs to buy him quick. He may not live long.

Surely it got some milk or replacer......

I hope so... I emailed the guy to see why he thought that bull calf that weighs under 100 lbs is worth 600 bucks lol

bigbull338":3b0hbed1 said:
Williamsv":3b0hbed1 said:
yes she was a tad to high.but heres the kicker,open reg heifers are selling for $2000 to $5000ea at the sales.bred cows heifers and pairs $4000 to $7000 now thats high quality cattle.ive got friends selling weaned calves for $2000 to $5000 now.i found a coming 3yr reg bull for sale for $4750 yesterday.
Really good registered cattle have been bring that for years.

sky ----- that poor little thing looks pitiful! Alos it looks like they have a Holstein and poss. a Jersey calf as well.

I wonder where in Crozet ........ I'm not too far from there. Lots of horses in Crozet.

Workinonit Farm":m17l48yq said:
sky ----- that poor little thing looks pitiful! Alos it looks like they have a Holstein and poss. a Jersey calf as well.

I wonder where in Crozet ........ I'm not too far from there. Lots of horses in Crozet.

Yea looks horrible and im trying to figure out where it got maggots

Hot weather calving and a lazy cow that doesn't clean a new born well and you have maggots.

fitz

fitz":1zs2rfc3 said:
Hot weather calving and a lazy cow that doesn't clean a new born well and you have maggots.

fitz

:nod:

Exactly! Hot/really warm days, a fresh umbilical etc and the flys are all over it, laying eggs etc and voila-----maggots. Not unusual for the maggots to be in the rectal area either, in cases like that.

Not sure what has changed but in the past we have sold bulls and heifers on Craigslist. The first time I listed some heifers I had tons of responses. Put some on there this week and not gotten a single response. I don't think the price is the problem, I always price just slightly above sale barn price, maybe it is were a lot of people have sold out in my area and doing crops.

Latest posts