Cattle Today Gathering?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I realize we are spread out across long distances. But it sure would be great to meet you all in person.

Would there be any interest in doing a get together? It would be a lot of fun I think. This forum is jam packed with good people. Would be great to have faces to put with screen names.

Just a thought I had this morning.

Might need to be regional. I rarely travel more than 1 1/2 hours (kind of gets my back). I have never flown or took a bus.
Maybe meet at a stockyards for a sale and dinner?

I realize we are spread out across long distances. But it sure would be great to meet you all in person.

Would there be any interest in doing a get together? It would be a lot of fun I think. This forum is jam packed with good people. Would be great to have faces to put with screen names.

Just a thought I had this morning.
Sounds good to me. I would host a gathering at our place

Used to be several that met at the farm show in Louisville every year. I met up with a bunch there here a few years ago. All fine people, well most of them anyway. ( just kidding). 😂 Not sure if they still do it.

If anyone is going to TAMU beef cattle short course next week, I'll be there. Would love to put names and faces together

Used to be several that met at the farm show in Louisville every year. I met up with a bunch there here a few years ago. All fine people, well most of them anyway. ( just kidding). 😂 Not sure if they still do it.
We haven't since Covid but guess i need to put it back on the agenda for next February.

@Mountaintown Creek Ranch - sounds like a good time. I would gladly contribute to make something happen.

I realize folks have a lot going on at different times of the year. What would be the ideal time of year?
I would say it depends on when it is. Wouldn't want to do the southeast in July or August,. nor the northern region in January or February.

We haven't since Covid but guess i need to put it back on the agenda for next February.
I'm in. Roughly two hour drive for me.

We rarely travel more than an hour away anymore. But always an open invite out here if you're passing through!
I'm going to make it to your place on one of Kansas trips to see the kinfolk's. If I remember correctly you are 1 1/2 or 2 hours from where they live. Bennington, just north of Salina.

Do any of our Western Kentucky people go to the workshop at Dixon springs? I make it there every couple years.

We can divide the country in half north to south. Then split it again along the time zone lines. This gives us 8 regions. We could do one every 6 weeks to get them all in a year. Or, every 3 months have a bi-annual meeting in one of the regions.

Last edited:
I would think Spring.
Maybe April ?
We will be calving...good time for y'all to come help 🤣
Spring or fall would be ideal in your area. And, it is one of the prettiest parts of the state. Your area will have food and lodging available close by. Lots of interesting places to see up there in North Ga, too.
I could have everyone down to the Kudzu place for the dove shoot, but there is not a motel anyone would stay in, nor a place to eat, closer than Perry 30 minutes away. And it will be in the 90's around Labor Day, too. Food wouldn't be a problem, though....we are cooking something from Friday morning to Sunday morning breakfast. I will have my band there Saturday night...outlaw country and southern rock. Some folks may be in for a culture shock, though. A bunch of old black women from Ms., Mattie's church will be there cooking, FFA kids will be there serving and doing all the menial tasks. Two 1% motorcycle clubs will be there. One wears colors very much like my avatar...the other an African war shield. We usually have some military personel from Warner Robbins AFB, but not always. We do extend an invitation each year. Local off-duty LE and 1st responders will be there, and the GA Sec,. of Agriculture. The rest are local south GA farmers and ranchers. And Zeke will be there. :) You wanna talk about diversity?!! LOL Saturday night after the shoot, there will be alcohol at the after party. But, we say the blessing before each meal, and every head WILL be bowed and every hat removed. The local Young Marines color guard will present the flag and we say the pledge before we eat Saturday night. Then we ask any veterans, active duty or reservists to line up in front of the stage and we thank them for their service. The Stars and Bars will be flying high and proud on the flag pole by our pole barn the whole weekend. Just wanted to make sure I disclose everything. We have no trouble, no drama, ,and you and your kids could not be in a safer place. Saturday night or Sunday morning, everyone goes back home to their different lives and situations, but for that weekend, we are all one people.....one family.

Latest posts