Craigslist cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

I hate seeing stuff like this. Newborn goats are born bigger than this bull calf. Let's put the so-called "healthy' calf hidden in the tall grass to cover his rib cage. Makes for a good cute picture....as if the calf is going to eat the grass. Priced incorrect...should be $50. to $100. in suspect condition for survival.

Looks like he has been eating Shredded Wheat Big Biscuits (a Post product) and water for the last four years

Is she worth it ?
3 year old jersey heifer - $1,000
3 year old jersey heifer 1

00z0z_62J7hTNOufT_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00f0f_aHUvgijUbWF_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

3 year old jersey heifer 1 thumbnail3 year old jersey heifer 2 thumbnail3 year old jersey heifer 3 thumbnail

This is Brownie. She is approximately 3 years old, jersey Heifer. She spent several months in with our long horn bull. Should be due June/July. Wasn't vet confirmed. She is starting to develop an udder. No disease testing or vaccinations. I'm only selling because we've acquired 1 too many jersey cows, and I've finely narrowed it down to the couple I'd like to keep. This is her first calf, so she's never been milked. She hasn't been handled very much either.

Is she worth it ?

3 year old jersey heifer 1 thumbnail3 year old jersey heifer 2 thumbnail3 year old jersey heifer 3 thumbnail

This is Brownie. She is approximately 3 years old, jersey Heifer. She spent several months in with our long horn bull. Should be due June/July. Wasn't vet confirmed. She is starting to develop an udder. No disease testing or vaccinations. I'm only selling because we've acquired 1 too many jersey cows, and I've finely narrowed it down to the couple I'd like to keep. This is her first calf, so she's never been milked. She hasn't been handled very much either.
No vaccines, no come home

Is she worth it ?

Yes

All depends on your level of experience and patience.... and the first thing I would do is some vaccinations and worming, and keep her separate from the other cattle for awhile.
At least a longhorn x calf should slide out with no problems.
If she is open or a b#@%h, she will bring about that for cull price.

They have had her for sale for quite some time. I have a lot of extra grass, so was thinking of an extra critter, but I
am thinking I will stay clear of her.

Yep, I was thinking about what gcreekrch said.
My parents purchased two or three Jerseys from a local dairy, very nice looking cows. It was just a short time after that
they got sick. We blamed those cows for bringing the problem into our herd. The vet said that was not the case. Those cows had
never been vaccinated or had a shot for anything, they were just the most vulnerable to the problem.

It took quite awhile it seemed for the vet to sort out what we were dealing with, it ruined several cows. So it probably isn't just
a matter of what she might bring with her, it is a matter of how vulnerable she might be to a new environment.

Yep, I was thinking about what gcreekrch said.
My parents purchased two or three Jerseys from a local dairy, very nice looking cows. It was just a short time after that
they got sick. We blamed those cows for bringing the problem into our herd. The vet said that was not the case. Those cows had
never been vaccinated or had a shot for anything, they were just the most vulnerable to the problem.

It took quite awhile it seemed for the vet to sort out what we were dealing with, it ruined several cows. So it probably isn't just
a matter of what she might bring with her, it is a matter of how vulnerable she might be to a new environment.
We played roulette with an unvaccinated part Jersey a month ago. Intranasal and Draxxin on arrival, she was sick two days later. We treated her with pretty much everything we could but she made her way to the bait pile and left us another orphan calf 3 weeks after we bought her.

Latest posts