Craigslist cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Owners should be shot.
He looks like a typical 6 month old full blood criollo, will probably grow out nicely for what he is. Zooming in on the pictures of the parents, looks like he has the potential to grow a nice set of horns. There's a guy down in Texas I follow on TikTok that butchers that type of longhorn then sells the skull and horns for a pretty hefty price. He grinds all the meat from what I gather. KD Bar cattle company is name of his outfit. Pretty large outfit, ships beef and has developed his own coffee brand.

He looks like a typical 6 month old full blood criollo, will probably grow out nicely for what he is. Zooming in on the pictures of the parents, looks like he has the potential to grow a nice set of horns. There's a guy down in Texas I follow on TikTok that butchers that type of longhorn then sells the skull and horns for a pretty hefty price. He grinds all the meat from what I gather. KD Bar cattle company is name of his outfit. Pretty large outfit, ships beef and has developed his own coffee brand.
And here I was thinking that whiskey was better with cows........coffee?...whodathunkit...

Last edited:
Yep, he is...or will be... a registered Longhorn, from the Hubbell Longhorn ranch in Michigan. If you look at the pics of his two Grandsires, I agree with you that he has the potential to grow an impressive set of horns. Him being a solid color is probably why he is on Craigs List instead of in the "for sale" section of their website. Solid color is a negative for this sector of the reg LH industry. The type they raise are bought by people for novelty animals..... "exotics"..etc., and sell for 4 and 5 figures. Another reason a solid colored brown animal isn't worth as much. Cowboy semen is $300 a straw, and 20 Gauge is by private treaty.

I got a buddy in the horse business that keeps a herd of wide-horned, loud-colored LHs, that he doesn't even bother registering. He gets a lot of money for the head mounts and hides when he butchers... the meat is just a minute part of the money. He sells it as grass-fed burger, very lean..93/7, to health-food nuts.

There is good money in these novelty-mini-exotic cattle. I was watching one of the sales in KY yesterday...usually the cheapest cattle across the board , compared to sales in other states (but consistently has some of the best cows and heifers I see all day) , and dang dwarf looking highland calf, just weaned, sold for $1800!! More than heavy-bred, black cows and heifers brought!

Yep, he is...or will be... a registered Longhorn, from the Hubbell Longhorn ranch in Michigan. If you look at the pics of his two Grandsires, I agree with you that he has the potential to grow an impressive set of horns. Him being a solid color is probably why he is on Craigs List instead of in the "for sale" section of their website. Solid color is a negative for this sector of the reg LH industry. The type they raise are bought by people for novelty animals..... "exotics"..etc., and sell for 4 and 5 figures. Another reason a solid colored brown animal isn't worth as much. Cowboy semen is $300 a straw, and 20 Gauge is by private treaty.

I got a buddy in the horse business that keeps a herd of wide-horned, loud-colored LHs, that he doesn't even bother registering. He gets a lot of money for the head mounts and hides when he butchers... the meat is just a minute part of the money. He sells it as grass-fed burger, very lean..93/7, to health-food nuts.

There is good money in these novelty-mini-exotic cattle. I was watching one of the sales in KY yesterday...usually the cheapest cattle across the board , compared to sales in other states (but consistently has some of the best cows and heifers I see all day) , and dang dwarf looking highland calf, just weaned, sold for $1800!! More than heavy-bred, black cows and heifers brought!
But he ain't Cute or "To die for".

Latest posts