Craigslist cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Anyone spot those striped "cattle" in the background of that gyr picture. I have heard those zebras are mean. Something must be a jumper there based on the fence height. Sort of looks like someone spent more fence money on height than strength. He might benefit from adding kudzu in that pasture. Might be a good fit for him.

Can certainly buy gyr's for a lot less than those prices - if anyone would want one.

This guy has it all. A zebra will cost $10k. But only $8500 for a camel. I understand that the nomads drink the milk from their camels. Maybe an alternative to a jersey. There is an "alternative livestock" auction in Shelby, NC that has some interesting stuff.
zebra.jpg
camel.jpg

If mommas are on the premises, why are they on the bottle ? Those babies need some milk !
Im not sure about these particular ones , but I've seen some Gyr and Indu cows with horrendous udders that there's no way a newborn calf could nurse unless it was handmilked out first. I think some folks that sell them as bottle calves like this figure they can take advantage of the cute factor where there's not a lot of them and sell them for a lot more as newborn calves than if they grew them out to weaning age. I've seen some advertised that were out of wild cows and sell them as bottle calves so folks can raise them and gentle them up where if they were left on their momma they would probably turn out wild like them. I don't know how anyone could pay anywhere near that much for a bottle calf, but I see several a year advertised like this, so they must be able to sell them.

Anyone spot those striped "cattle" in the background of that gyr picture. I have heard those zebras are mean. Something must be a jumper there based on the fence height. Sort of looks like someone spent more fence money on height than strength. He might benefit from adding kudzu in that pasture. Might be a good fit for him.

Can certainly buy gyr's for a lot less than those prices - if anyone would want one.

This guy has it all. A zebra will cost $10k. But only $8500 for a camel. I understand that the nomads drink the milk from their camels. Maybe an alternative to a jersey. There is an "alternative livestock" auction in Shelby, NC that has some interesting stuff.
View attachment 28885
View attachment 28886
I recently saw in the news where a guys "pet" zebra bit his arm off. Yikes!

I recently saw in the news where a guys "pet" zebra bit his arm off. Yikes!
I remember reading that. That is a literal application of "don't bite the hand that feeds you". Donkeys like to bite. Zebras are like donkeys on steroids, I guess. Some animals are wild for a reason and probably need to stay that way.

Don't matter what you have... as long as you put a black bull on it, it will get a "premium."

Latest posts