Cow prices

Help Support CattleToday:

I watched some young, bred heifers and cows in 2nd period bring around $1000 to $1500 here in central Missouri this week. Pairs were all under $2,000. This wasn't a special cow sale so that could be why the prices were low and we are pretty dry so people are selling more than usual.

These prices I've seen were pretty nice pairs. Pretty fancy.

There is some deals to be had out there for sure. I've snagged 2 pair. The black/white cow. And another black pair. Both with heifer calves. One 4 yr old. The other a 5 yr old
1000 for one
1300 for the other.

1150 average. Gotta keep those averages in check. 😆

Cow sale tonight at the sale yard they have one monthly. Often have farms selling out there but some are just some that are trader cattle that people put together groups etc... and we sold those 2 constantly want to be out cow/calf pairs 2 months ago.....Might take a ride up to see what things are doing. We have grass but it is not super duper. Have had some rain and it has been spotty... not hurting but not in any great amounts here. Alot of the grass is heading out already as it was cool and then got hot then got real chilly... inconsistent weather and moisture.

We bought 6 bred angus heifers ave $1,166
I bred angus cow $736.00
They sold some older tiger stripe with good calves, they topped out at $2,300/
Black baldie pairs $1,400-$2,200
A few Hereford with braford calves $2,000/
Most cows were older, not bad cows but not the best.

Attachments

• 4E422389-70E3-48DA-97F5-3374AE524F5E.jpeg
    4E422389-70E3-48DA-97F5-3374AE524F5E.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 31
They look good. What stage are they? They have a lot of paint and stickers on them down there. Here there is one sticker. If something is bred there will be on more sticker. Color tells you the stage bred

Grass fever is pretty much over here. Our grass hasn't done well this spring anyway so prices didn't get as high as many places. Only seen a couple pairs get to 2,000.
Been a cool dry spring here until this week, now warm and dry. Grass didn't explode this spring like it normally does.

Went to La Grande yesterday. Seem to get more cows bought at the normal sales than at the specials. At the stock cow specials they will have a lot more cows but also more cow buyers. So the price is higher. I got 3 pairs bought. One light for this country 4 year old with a bull calf for $1,525. Two stout broken mouth cows with bigger calves for $1,700 a pair. There was a pen of 5 smooth mouth cows that I took to $1,600 a pair and quit. They sold for $1,625. One of the calves was real young. I don't like buying real young calves at the sale. I did see some 310 pound steers bring $3.15. 7 weight steers for $2.50.

Latest posts