Chevy Truck thread SCARES ME!!

Help Support CattleToday:

I've got an 08 dodge 3500. Removed the dpf and egr.I get 22 mpg on the high way .I had an 03 and 06 Ford . The 03 had to have injectors and new heads. Traded it in on the 06 warped the heads had to have 6 injectors new turbo . Finally Ford quit fixing it . The last time I brought it in was for another turbo smoking grey smoke . Service manager told me the cranking amps were to low on the battery . Lol I just laughed at him and walked out . Traded it for the dodge .152 k miles now and no problems . Needles to say ill never own another Ford.

My buddy has an '06 GM 2500HD crew cab short box he bought new. No problems so far. Because his Allison 6 speed was so impressive, I bought GM also. I have an '07 GMC 2500HD,4x4, crew cab, long box, w/6.6 duramax. I bought it last year with 160,000 on it. On long drives, I wake up every time I need to re-fill my 34 gal tank. Can't imagine a more comfortable ride. So far, haven't had any problems. Pulls stumps out and rides like a slightly stiff cadillac. It rides best when my Polaris Ranger is in the bed. With my 26 foot travel trailer, I don't even know it's there. I'll stick with GM.

tncattle you can build a better 47 or 48RE. A combination of the right parts and they're good transmissions. When they're built right they're is not much different between a built 47/48RE and an allison except for the newer trucks having 6 gears vs. 4. I had the transmission built in my 01 2500 this fall. It was the best money I've spent on the truck since I bought it.

I have a 99 7.3L F250PSD. I had it about 5 years before I discovered the Ford Truck Enthusiast Web site. Anything you could ever want to know about Ford trucks you can find out from someone at the FTE site. I have done various mods to my truck recommended by the forums at this web (tranny cooler, gauge set, fuel tank and filter mods, CAT delete, AC mod, etc..) site but I never chipped it because of all the problem report posts I saw from folks that had chipped their trucks. Although, people don't usually post unless they have a problem, I think there are more posts about chip related problems than anything else.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum167/

High Cotton":2zvm3fpr said:
tncattle you can build a better 47 or 48RE. A combination of the right parts and they're good transmissions. When they're built right they're is not much different between a built 47/48RE and an allison except for the newer trucks having 6 gears vs. 4. I had the transmission built in my 01 2500 this fall. It was the best money I've spent on the truck since I bought it.

What would be the damage to my wallet for the tranny rebuild?

Latest posts