Changing Times

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice":87tidlig said:
3MR":87tidlig said:
Emily Sue passed away and Bubba called 911.

The 911 operator told Bubba that she would send someone out right away. "Where do you live?" asked the operator.

Bubba replied, "At the end of Eucalyptus Drive."

The operator asked, "Can you spell that for me?"

There was a long pause and finally Bubba said, "How 'bout if I drag her over to Oak Street, and you pick her up there?"

Now that's funny!

Alice

yes it was. And very much appreciated

If my political views are so threatening the posters on the Coffee Shop, do me a favor and rename it the "Redneck Restaurant" or the "Conservative Cafe". I won't come into any discussions after that.

I don't think they are threatening by any means. Ignorant of the real world might be a better term.

Do us a favor here too. If you don't feel comfortable around all us rednecks and bigots..................... don't let the door hit you in the a$$.

Of course I knew what he was implying. I just wanted him to come out and say he was proposing to lynch a black man. I don't support Mel Reynolds, but I don't support vigilantism either.

Im sorry, I thought he was making a joke about lynching a sick criminal]

Anybody that knows anything about the history of lynching in this country wouldn't make offhand comments like that. I have a tolerance for borderline humor, but those comments were over the line and shed light on Crowder's second post (not the original post) on this particular topic.

It actually would have been less offensive if he had said gun given the James Lee Bird case in Texas.

I know all about that case from the begining to the end.
But, you know what? It's not the initial postings that bother me as much as the follow-ups. Just read them. If you can't see the racism in them, then there's not much more I can do to explain this.

If you look for racism that is all you will ever see. When you look at an antibellum plantation on TV do you see present magnolias and art or past torture and abuse?

But watch how people respond.

One person asks if I am a "Gay Mama's Boy".
I did find that an unusual comeback and out of left field.

And of course, a half-baked piece of statistical analysis that implies that black people are out to get whites in some sort of covert race war.

I believe Alice has allready addresed this. The statistics are real, the percieved conclusion isnt. Allthough, Black on Black crime and Black on White crime is much more prevailant than white on white or white on black. I just wouldnt catagorize them as race crimes anymore than I would catagorize many of the crimes the ACLU and NAACP do as race crimes. Neither do I think their is a great evil conspiracy or covert race war. The article was a little weird, but then thats how that guy makes his money.

If my political views are so threatening the posters on the Coffee Shop, do me a favor and rename it the "Redneck Restaurant" or the "Conservative Cafe". I won't come into any discussions after that.

I dont think anybody has a problem with your politcal views and supports your right to have them.

1. My issue is why turn a humerous thread into this? Start another one like other people do. I personally woudl have recieved it better.

2. Who said a Redneck was neccessarily a racist?

3. You do appear to have a negative perception of the South.

I wasnt going to respond to any of this post, but being you think silence to them is akin to the silence of Europeans during the Hollucost I went ahead and put in my two cents. I expect one cent change.
Send me a self-addressed envelope and I'll drop a penny in it. :D

You must think Im one of them dumb rednecks. Spend 66 cents to get a penny. I do take credit cards, of course there is a minimum charge.

A Redneck buys a ticket and wins the lottery. He goes to OKC to claim it and the man verifies his ticket number. The Redneck says, "I want my $20 million."

The man replied, "No, sir. It doesn't work that way. We give you a million today and then you'll get the rest spread out for the next 19 years."

The Redneck said, "Oh, no. I want all my money right now! I won it and I want it."

Again, the man explain that he would only get a million that day and the rest during the next 19 years.

The Redneck, furious with the man, screams out, "Look, I want my money! If you're not going to give me my $20 million right now, then I want my dollar back!"

Im sorry, I thought he was making a joke about lynching a sick criminal]

Without putting it in the context of further posts on this thread, I probably would have thought the same.

If you look for racism that is all you will ever see. When you look at an antibellum plantation on TV do you see present magnolias and art or past torture and abuse?

I see both. If you have a sense of history you have too. I don't mope around all day about the fact that my ancestors stole Dakota land and turned it into farms, but as a human being sensitive to the weight of history, I have to acknowledge this fact.

History needs to be confronted.

I believe Alice has allready addresed this. The statistics are real, the percieved conclusion isnt. Allthough, Black on Black crime and Black on White crime is much more prevailant than white on white or white on black. I just wouldnt catagorize them as race crimes anymore than I would catagorize many of the crimes the ACLU and NAACP do as race crimes. Neither do I think their is a great evil conspiracy or covert race war. The article was a little weird, but then thats how that guy makes his money.

Agreed.

1. My issue is why turn a humerous thread into this? Start another one like other people do. I personally woudl have recieved it better.

As I explained before, I thought it was humorous and political. All the examples make you think the world is getting worse when some things are actually better. And in my own defense, I tried to use a little humor in it.

I guess I thought the purpose of a discussion board was to discuss things. I'm sure it seems like I'm sniping sometimes in here, but maybe that is because my opinions are in the minority.

2. Who said a Redneck was neccessarily a racist?

You're absolutely right. I apologize. I've been called a redneck many times, and that was way before it was supposedly "cool" to be one.

If you need to check my credentials, I have a rusty pickup, was born in a county with no traffic lights, and our wood furnace is our only source of heat.

3. You do appear to have a negative perception of the South.

Probably only because the worst postings on this thread happen to be from posters from the South. I honestly don't have axe to grind with the South. When I have visited, I thought the countryside was beautiful and the people gracious. No region of the country has a monopoly on racism or goodness.

I couldn't take the heat down there, but I certainly can take it here on this board.

That rope and Hitch Ball were certainly just a parody, of what could be done to eliminate the "Problem". And yes, the Man is a problem. He stirs more **** than an omelette maker at IHOP.

I can relate to # 2 my 16 year old got in a fight at after a Basketball game last Saturday night. And I ended up at Sheriffs office over it.

Details: Other boy made about something said by my son, he confronts my son about it and wants to fight, my son jokes and gives him crap about it, boy still wants to fight my son says after game. After my game my son tells him its freezing outside you really want to do this? Boy says yes, they go outside to begin the fight.

All of the Above was confirmed by both my son and the boy he got in fight with in person at Sheriffs office.

Now the story goes like this, my son says the kid through first punch he dodged it and punched the other boy. The other boy says my son through the first punch. I guess my son whupped him good (but no injuries).

Now parents of other son find out about it, they go crazy, threaten my son in person. Then call Police, who directs them to Sheriff because it happened in another city but in same county. We have to go up there deal with it. Sheriff says parents can press charges since their Son says mine through first punch. Even though the other kid admits it was his idea and he pushed the issue of going outside to fight.

It ended up going away, but i expressed my attitude that both boys choose to fight. First punch is irrelevant to me. So they can do whatever they want to. There was a few other comments I will delete in regards the parents making threats ;-)

Son did get grounded but mostly for his stupid comments that made the kid want to fight him in first place. Plus if I have to go visit Sheriff someone is going to get grounded.

As far as throwing first punch, I did not care, if a guy says he is going to fight me and walks outside. I am not going to wait to see if he is serious about it.

Horticattleman":1yn6t2it said:
Just like the old saying goes, "The squeakiest wheel gets the grease." Be a strategy of some people for all of time. Aggravating ain't it?!
Horticattleman,
I really wish you'd do away with that avatar. I find it very disturbing, and brings back bad memories of my ancestors, and what horrible folks they were. :lol:

badaxemoo":15kkv378 said:
backhoeboogie":15kkv378 said:
Alice":15kkv378 said:
Oh heck yes! Where have you been? They cheer him.

I'm sorry, backhoeboogie, but that is one of the silliest things I've read in a long time.

Who is "they"?

Evander Holyfield after he bit his ear off?
His ex-wife, who he beat up?
Stanley Crouch?

Don't be ridiculous.
I'm not backhoe, but probaly the they that backhoeboogis is referring to is the majority of the black population that causes the biggest part of the crime in this country plus the ones that involved in the crimes but are there egging it on. They are the ones that are on and their families for several generations are on the welfare rolls They are the young mothers that have several kids, by different fathers that get their food stamps and sell them for money to buy drugs with plus are in line for their welfare check each and every month to support their their booze and drug habits.

now for Doc Harris's famous last words, Don't get me started.

Crowderfarms":2lfphvsy said:
Horticattleman":2lfphvsy said:
Just like the old saying goes, "The squeakiest wheel gets the grease." Be a strategy of some people for all of time. Aggravating ain't it?!
Horticattleman,
I really wish you'd do away with that avatar. I find it very disturbing, and brings back bad memories of my ancestors, and what horrible folks they were. :lol:

Sorry it offends you, but it doesn't offend me! :D Just reminds me of my ancestors and what they believed in ..... the right to make their own decisions and live in peace!

p.s. no they didn't own slaves for all of you who can't buzz in fast enough to ask it. They were fisherman and farmers and still are!

la4angus":psf4wck9 said:
badaxemoo":psf4wck9 said:
backhoeboogie":psf4wck9 said:
Alice":psf4wck9 said:

I'm sorry, backhoeboogie, but that is one of the silliest things I've read in a long time.

Who is "they"?

Stanley Crouch?

Don't be ridiculous.
I'm not backhoe, but probaly the they that backhoeboogis is referring to is the majority of the black population that causes the biggest part of the crime in this country plus the ones that involved in the crimes but are there egging it on. They are the ones that are on and their families for several generations are on the welfare rolls They are the young mothers that have several kids, by different fathers that get their food stamps and sell them for money to buy drugs with plus are in line for their welfare check each and every month to support their their booze and drug habits.

Be careful you might offend one of "those" people you are supporting.

la4angus":3hobpvtt said:
badaxemoo":3hobpvtt said:
backhoeboogie":3hobpvtt said:
Alice":3hobpvtt said:

Who is "they"?

Stanley Crouch?

Don't be ridiculous.

Be careful by telling the truth you might offend one of "those" people you are supporting.

MikeC":i7w74nbh said:
This article, however, I feel the need to empty the entire salt shaker on.

Dispute the facts if you feel the need so strongly..........

Step up to the plate here. Don't be bashful. The Dept of Justice figures are public knowledge.

Let's see what you got................

I can't believe I was dumb enough to be baited into this...

The op-ed was written in 1995.

Here are Dept. of Justice stats thru 2004. You read 'em...or scan 'em like I did. Pick out whatever serves your purpose, expound upon it, heck knock y'self out. I don't have the time.

As far as I'm concerned, the op-ed dude is lame.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/h ... m#contents

Alice

Alice":3q8fythu said:
MikeC":3q8fythu said:
This article, however, I feel the need to empty the entire salt shaker on.

Dispute the facts if you feel the need so strongly..........

Step up to the plate here. Don't be bashful. The Dept of Justice figures are public knowledge.

Let's see what you got................

I can't believe I was dumb enough to be baited into this...

The op-ed was written in 1995.

Here are Dept. of Justice stats thru 2004. You read 'em...or scan 'em like I did. Pick out whatever serves your purpose, expound upon it, heck knock y'self out. I don't have the time.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/h ... m#contents

Alice

You must not have studied the stats very well. :roll:

Op-ed? The guy is an author and journalist.

Google "Dr. John Lott", a very respected researcher and analyst.

You'll find the same stats.

MikeC":101ofyi7 said:

You must not have studied the stats very well. :roll:

Op-ed? The guy is an author and journalist.

Google "Dr. John Lott", a very respected researcher and analyst.

You'll find the same stats.

Told ya' I scanned 'em... :roll:

The op-ed guy is just that...an op-ed guy with, what all op-ed guys have, an agenda. I worked in the Journalism Dept. at TCU for 4 years. Believe me...I know journalistic agendas...it's taught! All of this stuff can be taken and skewed thru sensationalism to make it what the op-ed guy wants it to reflect and what the reader wants to read. Again, it's taught.

Now, will I find Dr. John Lott's stats the exact same as the Justice Department's? And, will it reflect 1995 or the present? I dunno...I'm not gonna spend anymore time on it. When the Justice Department gets concerned enough to print an article on it, then I'll pay attention.

Alice

When the Justice Department gets concerned enough to print an article on it, then I'll pay attention.

It ain't gonna happen because it ain't politically correct.

So.......is the guy lying or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts