Living in the country in times of crisis?

Help Support CattleToday:

KristinDus

Reaction score
Not 100% sure if "Coffee Shop" is the correct place to ask regardless,
I am contemplating to change from city living to country living
and the husband is panicking to reside in a country area.
Any intel about convinvicg will be much welcomed.

I guess it all depends on how far out in the country you plane on living. Allot of the so called country life now days is about like city life.

Recon they have cattle in Camboaia. I would say jungle living would be better than city.

jltrent said:
Recon they have cattle in Camboaia. I would say jungle living would be better than city.

Pretty sure that city living IS jungle living. Wild and dangerous. Then again, does not seem like that is really living. Most of us have it made and I suspect are pretty happy with living in the sticks.

Don't know what a spam robot is, but what is a bot and why are they listed as registered users?

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot]

ccr said:
Don't know what a spam robot is, but what is a bot and why are they listed as registered users?

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot]

When you do a Google search for something, Google does not search the entire internet at that time. Would be much too slow. So Google and Bing bots are programs that continuously search the web building a catalog of data of keywords, websites, etc so that when you search for a topic on their search engine, they have already crawled over the entire web for every word and topic. And from THEIR already built database, can give you all the results very quickly. If these bots don't have access to your website, your website will never show up in a search and no one will find your site from a search. At least that is my understanding. The Adsense is a little difference, but helps support the website with revenue. We don't pay a fee to to use the website. But there is obviously a cost to provide it. We are lucky to be able to get all this content at no cost. I think Adsense is a part of that.

Also, we are very lucky to live in a country where we can have access to the internet - all of its good stuff and bad stuff. Some places don't have that. So glad that Al Gore invented the internet. Does everyone remember that?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Al also invented the global warming hoax and made nearly a Billion dollars from it.

With winter coming around the corner, I'm wanting some of that global warming. I've never really viewed warmer weather especially in winter as a bad thing.

Ky hills said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Al also invented the global warming hoax and made nearly a Billion dollars from it.

With winter coming around the corner, I'm wanting some of that global warming. I've never really viewed warmer weather especially in winter as a bad thing.
I am looking forward to winter. It has been a long hot summer here. I am not in favor of this global warming stuff.

Dave said:
Ky hills said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I am looking forward to winter. It has been a long hot summer here. I am not in favor of this global warming stuff.

Cmon on down at daylight you will be wringing wet. Typical for after a tropical event here, you bite off a piece of air.
I think today is the first day we haven't been under a heat advisory in a week.
Heat doesn't normally bother me, this is oppressive.

Caustic Burno said:
Dave said:
Ky hills said:

Cmon on down at daylight you will be wringing wet. Typical for after a tropical event here, you bite off a piece of air.

It gets pretty hot here at times in the summer too, overall it's not been bad this year though, that's what's got me worried about what the winter might bring. Most winters are cold and rainy which makes for a muddy mess trying to work on these hills. Ever once in a while we have a winter with some subzero lows and below freezing for highs spells and can get several inches of snow at time those winters. Those days are the kind that everything seems to breakdown or go wrong.

Ky hills said:
Caustic Burno said:
Dave said:

It gets pretty hot here at times in the summer too, overall it's not been bad this year though, that's what's got me worried about what the winter might bring. Most winters are cold and rainy which makes for a muddy mess trying to work on these hills. Ever once in a while we have a winter with some subzero lows and below freezing for highs spells and can get several inches of snow at time those winters. Those days are the kind that everything seems to breakdown or go wrong.
The last two months the high temperature has been 95 to 106. I think we had one day with a high in the 80's. Our historic average high for this time frame is 87. A week or so of high 90's and over 100 is normal but this has been continuously. I handle cold much better than heat.

The forecast here for next Wednesday, Sept 9th is a high of 71° and a low of 52°. This is about 20° below average. Global warming is killing us over here.

Latest posts