Living in the country in times of crisis?

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23 said:
The humidity is horrible here. There are just light showers popping up at random. I dont mind sweating thru my shirt but when I'm soaked to my knees it gets miserable.
I spent the late summer, fall and early winter in Texas back in 1972. Also a week in Virginia in the summer of '03. You people can keep your high humidity. I have no desire to ever return to that part of the country.
Here on these hot summer days the humidity will start around 40% at sun rise and go down to around 15-20% by late afternoon. But even here I hate it when the sweat is dripping off the end of my nose. A nice frosty morning that warms up to 50 degrees is perfect for me.

Dave said:
Brute 23 said:
The humidity is horrible here. There are just light showers popping up at random. I dont mind sweating thru my shirt but when I'm soaked to my knees it gets miserable.
I spent the late summer, fall and early winter in Texas back in 1972. Also a week in Virginia in the summer of '03. You people can keep your high humidity. I have no desire to ever return to that part of the country.
Here on these hot summer days the humidity will start around 40% at sun rise and go down to around 15-20% by late afternoon. But even here I hate it when the sweat is dripping off the end of my nose. A nice frosty morning that warms up to 50 degrees is perfect for me.

It can be 78 deg at daylight here and you can be drenched in sweat.

It's amazing the difference just a couple hours can make. You get west of San Antonio and no humidity. If you get up by Waco its noticeably cooler weather. You get on the border south though and it's even hotter with the humidity. I can be driving to Zapata right before dark and the temps are climbing as I go south.

Every morning starts with 100% humidity here. Lately the grass doesn't dry all day. Low humidity might be in the 40's. But temps only in the 80's.

sstterry said:
kenny thomas said:
Every morning starts with 100% humidity here. Lately the grass doesn't dry all day. Low humidity might be in the 40's. But temps only in the 80's.

Those Texas boys just aren't used to the humidity we have in our area!

You would melt in this rainforest, 100% humidity, triple digits temps. You hope for a skeeter to land on you for a breeze.

KristinDus said:
Not 100% sure if "Coffee Shop" is the correct place to ask regardless,
I am contemplating to change from city living to country living
and the husband is panicking to reside in a country area.
Any intel about convinvicg will be much welcomed.

What happened to the original poster?

Right now (6:00 AM) it is 55 degrees and the humidity is at 60%. By this afternoon it is projected to be 99 degrees and the humidity will drop into the high teens. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 100. This is September. The high temperature is supposed to be in the upper 70's to low 80's. I will be so happy when fall does arrive.

Texasmark said:
KristinDus said:

This is the third time the user has posted the same basic question, and I don't believe has responded back on any of them.

Rafter S said:
Texasmark said:
KristinDus said:

This is the third time the user has posted the same basic question, and I don't believe has responded back on any of them.
Who needs the original poster? .... 😄

Do ya'll think my husband is a bot? 🤔😝😆
Naw just kiddin! 😁😍
BEAN ON TOAST 😂

Ky hills said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Al also invented the global warming hoax and made nearly a Billion dollars from it.

With winter coming around the corner, I'm wanting some of that global warming. I've never really viewed warmer weather especially in winter as a bad thing.

Here in N. Tx. last week in January is usually dry and mild....time when wheat farmers spray for Green Bugs and top dress with N.

Latest posts