Changing Times

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
backhoeboogie":1fcibz34 said:
ROCKSPRINGS":1fcibz34 said:
This post is getting good, I wish I could set up A watermellon stand and make some money before it gets locked. :lol: :lol:

You are probably right. Now they are slamming the south and saying this is a "Southern Thing". I worked with a group of Engineers from Boston and New York. I was the only "Southerner" in the whole group. Let me tell you, no where in the south have I ever been around so many racists. I had worked in and lived in Birmingham, Mobile, and Thomasville, Alabama where tensions were high and those folks had nothing on the folks from Boston and New York.

I would view these folks elitist...another group of people I have no love lost for.

Alice

Alice":2oc9dl8i said:
I would view these folks elitist...another group of people I have no love lost for.

Alice

Say it isn't so Alice. Go back and carefully read Badaxemoo's southern reference. You are from the south.

It is perfectly plain that good people are good people.

I hope every child from every race has something really special under their tree this Christmas.

backhoeboogie":3s4xxvac said:
Alice":3s4xxvac said:

Alice

Say it isn't so Alice. Go back and carefully read Badaxemoo's southern reference. You are from the south.

It is perfectly plain that good people are good people.

I hope every child from every race has something really special under their tree this Christmas.

I worked with a group of Engineers from Boston and New York.

These are the folks I would view as elitist and from what you've said, racist also. I don't dispute that.

I think what I've been trying to say is exactly what you've just said...good people are good people, with my added caveat that skin color, ethnic background, or religious affiliation have no bearing on goodness of heart and soul.

I just hope that along with something special for children under the Christmas trees comes security and compassion, a warm bed, food, and opportunity. I grieve knowing that is merely a hope and not always a reality.

Alice

backhoeboogie":19vss56u said:
ROCKSPRINGS":19vss56u said:
This post is getting good, I wish I could set up A watermellon stand and make some money before it gets locked. :lol: :lol:

You are probably right. Now they (edit BADAXEMOO) is slamming the south and saying this is a "Southern Thing". I worked with a group of Engineers from Boston and New York. I was the only "Southerner" in the whole group. Let me tell you, no where in the south have I ever been around so many racists. I had worked in and lived in Birmingham, Mobile, and Thomasville, Alabama where tensions were high and those folks had nothing on the folks from Boston and New York.

I am most definitely not slamming the South. I never said racism was a southern phenomenon. Don't try to start a North-South thing because that isn't what it's about.

Read the post. I was responding to someone's suggestion that I learn about southern thinking. My point is that it is silly to say there is any such thing as one type of southern thinking. I wished to contrast some of the flawed thinking on this board with the brilliance that the region has also produced.

I grew up outside of a very small town in Minnesota, and trust me, there was no lack of racism. Although I would have denied it at the time, I was certainly guilty of racist attitudes myself from time to time.

Mr. Badax,

If Education can be delivered by the such a Tennessee Williams, I feel sorry for you. He had as much to do with Tennessee as the Taliban. All he was was a Queer with an ink pen.

Tell me to sit still and learn something from a Queer, and I'll darn sure show you some Southernism 101.

warpaint":2wa5s5oi said:
QUESTION:

At what point did the original post get to be about racism?

God bless us, each and every one!

When you go back and read through the thread.... never mind

backhoeboogie":12siifhj said:
warpaint":12siifhj said:
QUESTION:

At what point did the original post get to be about racism?

God bless us, each and every one!

When you go back and read through the thread.... never mind

I was making a point, Boogie.

Been a long time since a thread was locked on this board, but definately looks like where this one is headed.

warpaint":2yelo7x5 said:

Been a long time since a thread was locked on this board, but definately looks like where this one is headed.

My apologies for anything I said that contributed in that direction.

Crowderfarms":353rvj9y said:
Mr. Badax,

If Education can be delivered by the such a Tennessee Williams, I feel sorry for you. He had as much to do with Tennessee as the Taliban. All he was was a Queer with an ink pen.

Tell me to sit still and learn something from a Queer, and I'll darn sure show you some Southernism 101.

1. You're right. I was giving an example of southern intellectuals. I am sure the fine state of Tennessee has produced many, but Williams was not one of them. He had more connection with Louisiana and Mississippi than he did with Tennessee.

2. Sit still, read his plays and maybe you could learn something.

Now, please tell me about your Southernism 101.

Does it have anything to do with your rope and ball hitch? You still haven't explained what they are for.

http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic. ... se+jackson

badaxemoo":36bp7t82 said:
Crowderfarms":36bp7t82 said:
Mr. Badax,

1. You're right. I was giving an example of southern intellectuals. I am sure the fine state of Tennessee has produced many, but Williams was not one of them. He had more connection with Louisiana and Mississippi than he did with Tennessee.

2. Sit still, read his plays and maybe you could learn something.

Now, please tell me about your Southernism 101.

Does it have anything to do with your rope and ball hitch? You still haven't explained what they are for.

http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic. ... se+jackson

I think he was suggesting some redneck justice, and rightly so if the person did what he was accused of. If you arent sure exactly what he was going to do with the ball I could draw you a diagram.

Would you have been so offended if he has said get a gun?

Do you get in a twist when you watch the "Pace" picante commercial on television?

I really enjoyed the original post that started this thread. I think you twisted a humerous thread into something else, whether intentionaly or not. I assume unentionally.

I wasnt going to respond to any of this post, but being you think silence to them is akin to the silence of Europeans during the Hollucost I went ahead and put in my two cents. I expect one cent change.

backhoeboogie":1h82xv0c said:
warpaint":1h82xv0c said:

My point, ill made as it was, was in no way directed at you!

A big-city counterfeiter decided the best place to pass off his phony $18 bills would be in some small hick Texas town. So, he got into his new wheels and off he went.

He found a tiny town with a single store. He entered the store and handed one of the bogus bills to the man behind the counter. "Can you change this for me, please?" he said.

The store clerk looked at the $18 bill a short time, then smiled and told the man, "Ah reckon so, Mister. Ya want 2 nines or 3 sixes?"

You know you're staying in a redneck motel, when you call up the front desk to say you gotta leak in the sink, and the guy says, "Go ahead."

And just so nobody feels left out.....

Question: How do you recognize an Aussie Redneck?

Answer: You look up his family tree and most of them are still in it!!

Question: What do you call a New Zealand Redneck with 6 sheep?

Answer: A pimp.

Question: Why are New Zealand sheep so scared?

Answer: Because Kiwi Rednecks have got velcro gloves.

Question: Why do Aussie Rednecks curl their cowboy hats up at the sides?

Answer: So the can fit 3 abreast in a pickup.

warpaint":243ftzhd said:
backhoeboogie":243ftzhd said:
warpaint":243ftzhd said:

My point, ill made as it was, was in no way directed at you!

I get riled over having things crammed down my throat on a one way street. I have my own opinion of Jackson and it is nothing like the opinion I have of what Dr. King was. I said too much but it was from the heart. - and I know where my heart is.

I am white. I can tell you that I don't hear white people sitting around talking about black, mexican etc... I think these other races believe that we do. I don't see that happening. What I do see happening is some people of other races, black, mexican etc talking bad about the white people. Who is racist???

Emily Sue passed away and Bubba called 911.

The 911 operator told Bubba that she would send someone out right away. "Where do you live?" asked the operator.

Bubba replied, "At the end of Eucalyptus Drive."

The operator asked, "Can you spell that for me?"

There was a long pause and finally Bubba said, "How 'bout if I drag her over to Oak Street, and you pick her up there?"

3MR":3oq7m56q said:
Emily Sue passed away and Bubba called 911.

The 911 operator told Bubba that she would send someone out right away. "Where do you live?" asked the operator.

Bubba replied, "At the end of Eucalyptus Drive."

The operator asked, "Can you spell that for me?"

There was a long pause and finally Bubba said, "How 'bout if I drag her over to Oak Street, and you pick her up there?"

Now that's funny!

Alice

I think he was suggesting some redneck justice, and rightly so if the person did what he was accused of. If you arent sure exactly what he was going to do with the ball I could draw you a diagram.

Would you have been so offended if he has said get a gun?

Of course I knew what he was implying. I just wanted him to come out and say he was proposing to lynch a black man. I don't support Mel Reynolds, but I don't support vigilantism either.

Anybody that knows anything about the history of lynching in this country wouldn't make offhand comments like that. I have a tolerance for borderline humor, but those comments were over the line and shed light on Crowder's second post (not the original post) on this particular topic.

It actually would have been less offensive if he had said gun given the James Lee Bird case in Texas.

But, you know what? It's not the initial postings that bother me as much as the follow-ups. Just read them. If you can't see the racism in them, then there's not much more I can do to explain this.

I really enjoyed the original post that started this thread. I think you twisted a humerous thread into something else, whether intentionaly or not. I assume unentionally.

I didn't have a gripe about the first post. The post was humorous, but it was also political. I was simply giving people something to think about - that the good old days weren't all good. I actually agree with most of the examples in the original post and laughed when I read them.

But watch how people respond.

One person asks if I am a "Gay Mama's Boy".

Others state that they could never learn anything from a person if they were gay.

And of course, a half-baked piece of statistical analysis that implies that black people are out to get whites in some sort of covert race war.

If my political views are so threatening the posters on the Coffee Shop, do me a favor and rename it the "Redneck Restaurant" or the "Conservative Cafe". I won't come into any discussions after that.

I wasnt going to respond to any of this post, but being you think silence to them is akin to the silence of Europeans during the Hollucost I went ahead and put in my two cents. I expect one cent change.

Send me a self-addressed envelope and I'll drop a penny in it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts