Changing Times

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
MikeC":2anz61w5 said:
When the Justice Department gets concerned enough to print an article on it, then I'll pay attention.

It ain't gonna happen because it ain't politically correct.

So.......is the guy lying or not?

Re: politically correct: The Justice Dept. is now under GW's administration...are you still worried?

Now, is the guy lying or not? When the rubber meets the road, I have no idea. I do know that the way it is presented is skewed and taken out of context. Some would call that lying...at the least, I would call it unethical. If you are trying to hold my feet to the fire as far as calling it out and out, blatantly lying? You gotta long wait...'cause I'm not wasting my time trying to prove, number for number, in his skewed rhetoric, if he's LYING.

Alice

MikeC":3i4hyhqz said:
As far as I'm concerned, the op-ed dude is lame.

You must not have studied the stats very well. :roll:

Op-ed? The guy is an author and journalist.

Google "Dr. John Lott", a very respected researcher and analyst.

You'll find the same stats.

Op-ed? The guy is an author and journalist.

Just noticed this...

He may be an author, but he's an op-ed journalist. Now, my friend, you prove otherwise...not the author part...not the journalist part...the op-ed part. The article in question is an op-ed article.

Alice

Crowderfarms":13yfk0bu said:
Horticattleman":13yfk0bu said:
Just like the old saying goes, "The squeakiest wheel gets the grease." Be a strategy of some people for all of time. Aggravating ain't it?!
Horticattleman,
I really wish you'd do away with that avatar. I find it very disturbing, and brings back bad memories of my ancestors, and what horrible folks they were. :lol:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

It dont take statistics or record keeping, or Journalists for me to "label" any group of folks whether their Ethnicticity is Black or White.

Facts speak for facts.There are more violent crimes commited by Blacks than any other group. Does this make me Stereotype every one I meet or see? No way. I believe everyone deserves a chance to show "Self worth".

My comments about Jesse and Al are developed by years of viewing them, and seeing their "self worth"

Take for instance the Shooting by the NYC cops several days ago.IF that had been a bunch of Colored cops shooting White boys, would all of "US" had someone show up and raise hell on our behalf? Doubtful.

People like them that poke a stick into the Hornet's nest are part of the cause that race relations will never be stable amongst us.You'll never make productive Adults and contributors to our Society when ignorrance and common sense are a virtue that are rarely ever taught in this day and age, and when blame is cast on "US" for their problems and behavior.

"WE" are rapidly becoming the Minority. Who's going to go to Bat for us.Do we need a Pinch Hitter?. Who will fight for our Rights? All us good folks are busy working, and making sure our Families have Shelter and Food. For the majority, most of us have Common Sense and Morals, and Our religous beliefs that will get us through.God, Guns, and Guts. Aint that what this Country was founded on?

MikeC":129hrzc0 said:
Lying..........When the rubber meets the road, I have no idea.

I will rest. You have said enough for me.

And much like your article, and your op-ed journalist, you've taken what I've said out of context and presented it in a light that serves YOUR purpose...then cut and run. Shame on you.

Oh, I did google Dr. Lott. Shame on him. Was CAUGHT commiting journalistic fraud and was found to have altered statistical data. Baaaad Boy. Baaaaaad Boy.

Alice

Alice":1ppamuin said:
MikeC":1ppamuin said:

And much like your article, and your op-ed journalist, you've taken what I've said out of context and presented it in a light that serves YOUR purpose...then cut and run. Shame on you.

Oh, I did google Dr. Lott. Shame on him. Was CAUGHT commiting journalistic fraud and was found to have altered statistical data. Baaaad Boy. Baaaaaad Boy.

Alice

We're not the only country to have race problems:

Girls Like You

Author : PAUL SHEEHAN
Format : Trade Paperback
ISBN : 140503727X
Publisher : Pan Macmillan Australia Pty Ltd
Publication Date (AUS) : August 2006
Imprint : Macmillan
Usually ships within 24 hours

Web Price AUD$32.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description

An astonishing, searing non fiction narrative, built on dialogue, character and forensic detail as it tracks the cascade of crimes by six brothers from Pakistan as they arrive in Sydney. Unnfolds against the backdrop of the gang rape phenomenon and the cultural clash between young Muslim men and Western women.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staff Review

This searing narrative is built on dialogue, character and forensic detail as it tracks the sex crimes committed in Sydney by six brothers from Pakistan and the appallingly light sentences handed down by Justice Peter Hidden. The cases involved Muslim defendants and non-Muslim complainants - compounding sex crimes with hate crimes - sending the media into a frenzy. As this tale unfolds against the backdrop of the gang-rape phenomenon - the rise of which is most commonly blamed on the so-called 'clash' between young Muslim men and young non- Muslim women here in Australia - it is impossible to remain unmoved by the courage of the young women who survived the rapes and the torturous legal process that lasted four years before the final, pitiful judgements were made. Astonishing.

On Dr. Lott, Don't you see the connection? He doesn't say what the "Left" wants him to say so he gets accused of wrongdoing.

I misconstrued nothing. You wrote what you wrote.

Dr. John Lott's
****** BIO for Dr. John R. Lott Jr. *******

John R. Lott Jr., is a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. Before joining AEI, Mr. Lott was a senior research scholar at Yale University's School of Law. He has also held positions at the University of Chicago, Stanford University, UCLA, the Wharton Business School, and Rice University.

Additionally he was the Chief Economist at the United States Sentencing Commission in 1988 and 1989.

Mr. Lott has published more than ninety articles in academic journals including the Journal of Law and Economics and the Journal of Legal Studies, and is a frequent contributor to major newspapers.

He is the bestselling author of More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws. His current book, The Bias Against Guns: Why Almost Everything You've Heard About Gun Control Is Wrong, was just released by Regnery Publishing in March 2003.

Crowderfarms":3h3noutw said:
It dont take statistics or record keeping, or Journalists for me to "label" any group of folks whether their Ethnicticity is Black or White.

Facts speak for facts.There are more violent crimes commited by Blacks than any other group. Does this make me Stereotype every one I meet or see? No way. I believe everyone deserves a chance to show "Self worth".

My comments about Jesse and Al are developed by years of viewing them, and seeing their "self worth"

Take for instance the Shooting by the NYC cops several days ago.IF that had been a bunch of Colored cops shooting White boys, would all of "US" had someone show up and raise be nice on our behalf? Doubtful.

People like them that poke a stick into the Hornet's nest are part of the cause that race relations will never be stable amongst us.You'll never make productive Adults and contributors to our Society when ignorrance and common sense are a virtue that are rarely ever taught in this day and age, and when blame is cast on "US" for their problems and behavior.

"WE" are rapidly becoming the Minority. Who's going to go to Bat for us.Do we need a Pinch Hitter?. Who will fight for our Rights? All us good folks are busy working, and making sure our Families have Shelter and Food. For the majority, most of us have Common Sense and Morals, and Our religous beliefs that will get us through.God, Guns, and Guts. Aint that what this Country was founded on?

Well said.

MikeC":38yirq6l said:
Alice":38yirq6l said:
MikeC":38yirq6l said:

Alice

We're not the only country to have race problems:

Girls Like You

Author : PAUL SHEEHAN
Format : Trade Paperback
ISBN : 140503727X
Publisher : Pan Macmillan Australia Pty Ltd
Publication Date (AUS) : August 2006
Imprint : Macmillan
Usually ships within 24 hours

Web Price AUD$32.95

Description

An astonishing, searing non fiction narrative, built on dialogue, character and forensic detail as it tracks the cascade of crimes by six brothers from Pakistan as they arrive in Sydney. Unnfolds against the backdrop of the gang rape phenomenon and the cultural clash between young Muslim men and Western women.

Staff Review

This searing narrative is built on dialogue, character and forensic detail as it tracks the sex crimes committed in Sydney by six brothers from Pakistan and the appallingly light sentences handed down by Justice Peter Hidden. The cases involved Muslim defendants and non-Muslim complainants - compounding sex crimes with hate crimes - sending the media into a frenzy. As this tale unfolds against the backdrop of the gang-rape phenomenon - the rise of which is most commonly blamed on the so-called 'clash' between young Muslim men and young non- Muslim women here in Australia - it is impossible to remain unmoved by the courage of the young women who survived the rapes and the torturous legal process that lasted four years before the final, pitiful judgements were made. Astonishing.

On Dr. Lott, Don't you see the connection? He doesn't say what the "Left" wants him to say so he gets accused of wrongdoing.

Dr. John Lott's
****** BIO for Dr. John R. Lott Jr. *******

John R. Lott Jr., is a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. Before joining AEI, Mr. Lott was a senior research scholar at Yale University's School of Law. He has also held positions at the University of Chicago, Stanford University, UCLA, the Wharton Business School, and Rice University.

Additionally he was the Chief Economist at the United States Sentencing Commission in 1988 and 1989.

Mr. Lott has published more than ninety articles in academic journals including the Journal of Law and Economics and the Journal of Legal Studies, and is a frequent contributor to major newspapers.

He is the bestselling author of More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws. His current book, The Bias Against Guns: Why Almost Everything You've Heard About Gun Control Is Wrong, was just released by Regnery Publishing in March 2003.

The great liberal conspiracy...oh man, if that weren't so sad it would be comical. In fact, it really is comical.

Didn't say you miscontrued what I said, Mike...said you took it out of context and presented it in the light that made it to your benefit without including the rest of what I wrote. Op-ed journalists write their articles this way in order to spoon feed there readership...again, it's their JOB.

And now, I'm done. Ciao!

Alice

MikeC":2x6eiz38 said:
And now, I'm done. Ciao!

Good. You have made accusations you couldn't back up and I don't blame you for leaving. Toodles! :lol:

Just following your lead! Ciao, once again.

Edited to add:

From Wikipedia...

Mary Rosh online persona
In early 2003, Lott admitted that he had created and used "Mary Rosh" as a fake persona to defend his own works on Usenet.[21] Lott as "Rosh" argued about his work with critics, at the same time arguing that those same critics are not worthy of Lott's attention.

At one point, Rosh engaged in a lengthy discussion of errors of fact in a newspaper op-ed piece Lott had written [22], which when corrected would have reduced support for Lott's slogan of "More guns, less crime". After Rosh was finally forced to admit that the original piece did indeed omit some important facts, Lott then published a corrected version in a different newspaper,[23] which Rosh then cited as evidence that the errors in the original piece must have been due to bad editing by the newspaper, rather than Lott's fault. Two months later, however, Lott published another article on the same subject [24], again omitting the same facts that would have disproved his position, demonstrating that it was not bad editing that was the source of the errors in the first place but that Lott knowingly repeated the error to add false support to his argument, using the Rosh identity.

Rosh claimed to be one of Lott's former students, and had many good things to say about him: for instance, his teaching style.

"I had him for a PhD level empirical methods class when he taught at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania back in the early 1990s, well before he gained national attention, and I have to say that he was the best professor that I ever had. You wouldn't know that he was a 'right-wing' ideologue from the class. He argued both sides of different issues. He tore apart empirical work whether you thought that it might be right-wing or left-wing. At least at Wharton for graduate school or Stanford for undergraduate, Lott taught me more about analysis than any other professor that I had and I was not alone. There were a group of us students who would try to take any class that he taught. Lott finally had to tell us that it was best for us to try and take classes from other professors more to be exposed to other ways of teaching graduate material."[25] (This was written by Lott's alter ego, Rosh.) ajd

Similarly, the Rosh identity and other sock puppets were used to post several five star reviews of his books [26] on Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble, in violation of their policies,[27] as well as bad reviews of books by his rivals [28]. Rosh also urged people to download copies of Lott's papers:

"The papers that get downloaded the most get noticed the most by other academics. It is very important that people download this paper as frequently as possible." (emphasis in the original)[29]

In his defense, Lott alleged that the Rosh reviews had been written by his son and wife. [30] Again, as in claiming bad newpaper editing mispresented his statistical data, he now blames his wife and son! ajd

The man commited journalistic fraud...got cold busted on it, Mike. Even admitted to it, Mike. Perhaps you need to find a new hero. :)

Alice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts