Cattle photos for critical evaluation.

Help Support CattleToday:

In our cooler area the Brahmans seem to have delayed their calving till a little later. I really don't know how people from the "frozen north" live there. But then there are people that live in deserts and love it. I laugh when people born and bred in our area complain about the cold. You live here you just take it. Sure beats the hot humid coast. We never have any frozen ears or tails or anything like that. I think I might have had a Brahman calf die that calved overnight down on a flat near a gully once. I have a facebook page that CT posters can have a look at to see some of our cattle.

3waycross":1i0pp8e9 said:
Dylan Biggs":1i0pp8e9 said:
3waycross":1i0pp8e9 said:
Nice lookin cows . I second the thought on the udders. Lots of capacity.

My only complaint is what happened to those purty Gelbvieh heads and big ears.

This might strike you as a bit more purty.

PIC_4958.jpg

Love that Dewlap. :tiphat: Thanks!
I agree,I love a Gelbvieh...hence my name :cowboy:
BC

Australian":1i0fzp7c said:
In our cooler area the Brahmans seem to have delayed their calving till a little later. I really don't know how people from the "frozen north" live there. But then there are people that live in deserts and love it. I laugh when people born and bred in our area complain about the cold. You live here you just take it. Sure beats the hot humid coast. We never have any frozen ears or tails or anything like that. I think I might have had a Brahman calf die that calved overnight down on a flat near a gully once. I have a facebook page that CT posters can have a look at to see some of our cattle.

We calve in May and June to avoid winter conditions.

This was May 29, 2010,
Calves huddled in buck brush.
PIC_3626.jpg

Taking a new pair and an extra over the rise to a little better shelter.
PIC_3632.jpg

Took this one home to dry off and warm up.
PIC_3646.jpg

Snowing hard back at the yard.
PIC_3669.jpg

Oh well the moisture was welcome and it didn't last for long only about 24 hrs.

It certainly was unexpected.

That is interesting about the Brahmans delaying estrus. How delayed are they relative to the Herefords?

Latest posts