Can't catch a break

Help Support CattleToday:

OMG I feel so bad for you TC..... my father's pics from rolling over the mower last year looked pretty bad too but ...... of course he is gone now so it doesn't matter...
I get it with the balance, I am still sorting my balance out with the knee replacements and have been soooo very careful so I don't fall and break something..... God Bless you
and your ability to keep on keeping on with all these things going on...
Prayers for his recovery and healing from this latest "little snafu"..... and I think that a LOT OF WINE might be in order once you drive home and get settled in the house....

Well fer sh-ts sake!
Wrap him in bubble wrap! What a week..
I'm glad u got him to Wichita. Tho I hear okc does good things!

I had an older friend years ago that had balance issues. I don't know how he didn't keep from breaking himself. Just walking up the driveway and down he would go! I've never a man as large as him roll down the driveway like a dang beach ball! He was well over 6ft and 350 lbs plus.. Damndest thing ya ever seen. And we rode motorbikes together a lot! Most times all was good. But every now and then, he stop at a light and just fall over like that guy that rode the tricycle on that old TV show. What was it, Rowan and Martin's laugh in maybe?

Anyway. Hope my poor attempt at humor helps a bit.
And hope for a speedy healing and recovery for hubby!

I'll pass on the pics thanks TC, I don't handle human blood and bone too well. I'm very sorry to hear of Mr TC's accident and to think it just happened from a fall on the sidewalk. I must remember not to put my arm out to save myself when I fall, I often trip up on things these days. It must be a relief to have it all back together now, I hope the pain eases and the healing goes to plan.

Ken

TC, I don't know you or your husband, but I have prayed for you. You have also given me something to consider. Maybe I shouldn't have a herd of cattle to stick my wife with. I'm healthy but probably a time bomb. Again God bless and heal your family

Oh no, TC. So sorry to hear this. You two don't have enough age on you to be going thru so much. As mentioned - BUBBLE WRAP him up.
I'm "assuming" his previous imbalance came into play with this fall?
I think so. Sometimes he'll have a knee go out and sometimes he just stumbles. Residual & permanent nerve damage from previous surgeries? Dunno. Last year he was unloading brush from the back of his Polaris onto a big brush pile and went down like a ton of bricks. I was out feeding cattle and he laid there for 15 minutes before he realized I wasn't coming back anytime soon, and finally managed to get up. When I asked him why he didn't call me, he said because he wasn't hurt and was actually comfortable on top of the pile. Okay, then:rolleyes:!

OUCH..that's no fun.. hope he heals up alright, and if you can't bubble wrap him, put him in a padded room :p
I think I've found a solution with the Glowy Zoey inflatable hazmat suit!!

I do have to give him credit, he's doing much better than I anticipated. I switched out the flimsy sling from the hospital with one from a rotator cuff surgery. With all the extra padding & support, it's made a huge difference. We're managing the pain but he's barely eating, although that doesn't concern me because he never does after surgery.

And once again, our neighbors are amazing. There were bales in every pasture before we even got home. We just had our deck redone and still had the dump trailer with the old wood we wanted to keep in the driveway. 2 other neighbors took the trailer down to the barnyard and stacked it (by size!) on pallets in one of the sheds, then unhooked/put the trailer back where it belongs.

All in all, we are truly blessed!

Damnit! Those pictures make me lightheaded just looking at them.

I thought retirement was supposed to be relaxing!

Here we go again. On today's episode of Can't Catch a Break, check out his new hardware. Those screws are freakin' huge! And I'm pretty sure we have similar ones in the workshop. Pics aren't graphic this time. Condensed version: fell again and shattered his elbow, fractured his pelvis clear through the hip joint. Technical version: Distal humus fracture, intraarticular, highly comminuted. And Acctabulum fracture. Which means he's been in the hospital in Wichita since Sunday and will be transferred to the skilled nursing rehab facility in our local hospital Monday, 3 months in a wheelchair. He can't come home until we have ramps built, the house outfitted with ADA accommodations and rehab feels he's able to manage basic needs. He's contralateral, which means he's able to & learning how to use one leg and one arm. But pain, 2 surgeries and atrophy mean building up those muscles again.

So that's why I've been out of touch for a while. I'm running on empty but, once again, so thankful for friends and neighbors that are taking care of the cattle, pets, the house, etc. Seriously, he needs a bubble!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20240320_165632154.jpg
    IMG_20240320_165632154.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20240320_165641152.jpg
    IMG_20240320_165641152.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20240320_185426921.jpg
    IMG_20240320_185426921.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts