candy bars of the past

Help Support CattleToday:

iowahawkeyes

Reaction score
I don't know how I got thinking about this, but remember the Marathon candy bar? They were awesome carmely chocolaty goodness. I lived on a farm about 3/4 mile from "town", population 50. We had a little grocery store, my church, my school, and about 15 houses. I would ride my bike to the store and my a candy bar. Charleston Chew was another candy bar I like, there were different filling on those. mmmm. My daughter says they are still around but I haven't seen it, but I haven't really looked either.
Now I like the Mars bar and Fast Break.

Anyone else have a favorite?

I like Snickers and Butterfingers. Also Hersheys chocolate bar with almonds. One I miss from the past that you can't get anymore is the Hollywood bar.

Yes, I remember Marathon. Good candy bar. I always liked chocolate and caramel. I like Almond Joy and Hershey's w/Almonds. We used to walk or ride out bikes to Aiken's store to get our candy fix for the day when we lived in town. Before that, it was going to Massey's on 377 to return out pop bottles and choose what kind of soda pop we wanted. You had to get a ride in the car for that, though. Too far to walk.

Hey RR ; What about Rolo's ,, a fave of mine, are they only in Canada as well ??

Also some of the bars that have been mentioned I have never heard of.

Anyone remember the original jaw breakers candy?? The inside had a real piece of the actual licorice plant.. I remember always bringing a big bag home for my dad when my class went to visit Heritage Park in Calgary.. ( grade 2-4)..

hillsdown":2tdaz1kn said:
Hey RR ; What about Rolo's ,, a fave of mine, are they only in Canada as well ??

Also some of the bars that have been mentioned I have never heard of.

Anyone remember the original jaw breakers candy?? The inside had a real piece of the actual licorice plant.. I remember always bringing a big bag home for my dad when my class went to visit Heritage Park in Calgary.. ( grade 2-4)..

You can get Rolos here. I love them. You can also get jaw breakers that are the size of a golf ball. Takes forever. Jolly Ranchers? I pulled out a crown with those once.

Latest posts