candy bars of the past

Help Support CattleToday:

J. T.":hfm62dp4 said:
Whatever happened to Clark Bars?

My brother threw up a Clark Bar on a little girl on the bus once. I never ate on again.

My ex liked Pay Day bars. Yuck.

Candy cars used to have names like Chicken Dinner, and Pay Day and stuff like that, to make them sound like they were more than they were. During the Depression, if you only had a nickel you could get a candy bar to eat, so that is why they had names like that.

TexasBred":18xgv51i said:
Always loved "Bit-O-Honey". Don't know if they still make it or not.
Where those the ones on the stick real chewy carmel type looking stuff? If so yes those were good.

Believe that I remember a Zero bar...probably because they were cheep, three cents each if I remember correctly.
There was a taffy with a picture of a Persian palace and a genie on it...back when thoes folks were just exotic with flying carpets and such.....Bonomo's I think...again just a few cents.
Always liked Good and Plenty...still like licorice.

How many folks take more than one or two pieces of the hard candy from the bowl in a resturant?
Susie thinks it's just me and my sweet tooth.
DMc

somn":3pdd01rt said:
TexasBred":3pdd01rt said:
Always loved "Bit-O-Honey". Don't know if they still make it or not.
Where those the ones on the stick real chewy carmel type looking stuff? If so yes those were good.

Oh! Was it like a sucker, like caramel on a stick? Those were called, oh, something with the word cow in it, or something about cows... Rats! I can't remember the name! I loved those! I found a supermarket in Arlington that sold them and started shopping there for that reason.

This will bother me all night!!!!

Brown Cows???? AAAHHHH!! I will wake up at three in the morning remembering and I will post it then.

VanC":lyz2enuy said:
Lammie":lyz2enuy said:
Slow Pokes????? I think that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The one I remember was called Sugar Daddy. There was probably more than one, though.

Sugar Daddies were more sweet than caramel. I know what you are talking about. Slow Pokes were hard caramel on a stick. If you kept it in your mouth long enough it would start to melt. I rediscovered them as an adult, much to the disappointment of my dentist. But ten cents apiece was too good to pass up. I was hooked for a while.

Lammie":2hdgbivi said:
VanC":2hdgbivi said:
Lammie":2hdgbivi said:
Slow Pokes????? I think that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The one I remember was called Sugar Daddy. There was probably more than one, though.

Sugar Daddies were more sweet than caramel. I know what you are talking about. Slow Pokes were hard caramel on a stick. If you kept it in your mouth long enough it would start to melt. I rediscovered them as an adult, much to the disappointment of my dentist. But ten cents apiece was too good to pass up. I was hooked for a while.

I remember Slow Pokes, too, but it's been so long since I've had either one I may have them mixed up. I'll go for a 3 Musketeers any time. When I'm home I take a knife and cut the chocolate off the outside, eat it, and then eat the fluffy inside part. Yummy! Of course, my wife thinks I'm nuts.

Another confession. Our oldest son hates peanut butter, so when the kids were little I would buy plenty of Butterfingers and Reese's PB cups for the trick or treaters. More leftovers for me that way. It was hilarious watching the kids after they got home from trick or treating. They would sit there for a couple of hours trading candy like I used to trade baseball cards. Since the oldest hated PB and the youngest would eat anything, the youngest always came out on top.

Calman":3kx4d290 said:
As far as candy goes I rekon anything with chocolate in it will work for me.

Cal

That is pretty true for me too. Sugar Babies is another one from childhood. Kind of looked like light brown rabbit turds. Not really my favorite, too grainy and too sweet.

My sister liked Sugar Babies. She also liked those orange Circus Peanuts. Yuck! One of those is enough. Like marshmellow chicks at easter.

angie":1zt85jvy said:
CKC1586":1zt85jvy said:
1982vett":1zt85jvy said:

:eek: Oh now that sounds good....
CKC ~ you are wanting to eat a Big Hunk? :lol2:
Sweets ~ you gotta spend less time with those pieds! ;-)
:oops: Ya caught me angie! My mind just went beyond candy bars for a moment.... Guess I should get out and about more!! But come on admit it, Big Hunk? Now doesn't that sound like something to check in to? Now that you mention it I guess I do have a thing for well.., I do appreciate big and hunky. The babies are 6 weeks old now and their muscles are popping.

CKC1586":t5jkwj87 said:
:oops: Ya caught me angie! My mind just went beyond candy bars for a moment.... Guess I should get out and about more!! But come on admit it, Big Hunk? Now doesn't that sound like something to check in to? Now that you mention it I guess I do have a thing for well.., I do appreciate big and hunky. The babies are 6 weeks old now and their muscles are popping.
No ~ it sounds like something I'd choke on! :help:

But I see what you are saying.
Would for sure rather have a pied in the pasture than a ....... jersey(?) :lol2: :cowboy:

Good that your babies are doing good. You have worked hard for them! :clap:

Now back to the thread!

not sure if it is the same where you are but the Marathon here had it's name changed to 'Snickers' to be the same as the rest of the Continent. Opal fruits were changed to 'Star Burst'. Check it out you may be pleasently supprised if they have changed the name.

VanC you were correct after seeing the name I googled it and sugar daddy was the one I was thinkin of. Between those and mint girl scout cookies I would eat way more than I should and I would get the shitts something terrible. Be right back at eating them the next day if my mom wouldn't stop me.

Latest posts