cali -- every business will have a woman on board or face fines

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caustic Burno":49rt7axv said:
Well there was a day when a segment of the country that leaves the seat down were home raising kids. The ones with it up were making a living.
We sure seemed to have a heck of lot less societal issues than today.

So you think they should be at home, barefoot and pregnant, cooking your dinner and never say "no" to the bread winner...CB heck there is probably a highly qualified lady now doing your old job and doing it better. :???:

backhoeboogie":y36pd3i8 said:
Nothing from California surprises me.

"Publicly traded" means I can own stock in a company.

In Texas, I can water my grass on Tuesday or wash my car on Wednesday plus I don't have to put bricks in the toilet to limit water on flushing.

loloo, now they just made the tank smaller. Some countries actually usually to flush handles....one if you did #1 and another for #2. A great water saver if you're surrounded by desert.

TexasBred":23hlpems said:
Caustic Burno":23hlpems said:
Well there was a day when a segment of the country that leaves the seat down were home raising kids. The ones with it up were making a living.

So you think they should be at home, barefoot and pregnant, cooking your dinner and never say "no" to the bread winner...CB heck there is probably a highly qualified lady now doing your old job and doing it better. :???:

Nope actually a young man that used to work for me. Still in contact with each other.

TexasBred":3j5hwb79 said:
Caustic Burno":3j5hwb79 said:

:lol: :lol:

boondocks":9p0r7h1d said:
Bright Raven":9p0r7h1d said:
Caustic Burno":9p0r7h1d said:
You can lament the changes but no one controls social evolution in humans. Society is dealing with tremendous changes in social order due to the need for two bread earners and the aspirations of contemporary women in today's world. I agree, it has pleased stress on society. The ship has sailed. Rarely, do you see a reversal in social evolution.

Ron, you get the first part of "it." Here's some further food for thought, where we move from talking about gender to talking about class. We (middle class-ish white-ish) folks tend to look at the past (and esp the immediate post-WWII period) as some sort of halcyon utopia. Of course, that is ahistoric. It was anything but utopia for many people: vets dealing with untreated PTSD; women who were fired to make way for the returning vets; blacks who fought for their country and came home to no jobs and Jim Crow.
My family was mostly poor (like most were prior to WWII) and the women have worked for generations. I am aware of no idyllic time period in MY family's past when the womenfolk had the luxury of "just" raising the kids. And black women, of course, worked as domestics, raising other folk's kids (while theirs were at home) and cleaning other people's houses. Point being, for poor whites and most black and immigrant families, the time period that CB (eg) thinks of as "perfect" and "unstressful" was anything but, for many Americans. We are looking at it through a lens of modern-day class privilege.

Very insightful. Most of us just scratch the surface of social issues, you provide deeper insight. I truly congratulate you for your knowledge. Thanks.

BTW: I meant placed not pleased. Lol

Caustic Burno":10td7i4b said:
alisonb":10td7i4b said:
Caustic Burno":10td7i4b said:
You are surely not suggesting that this is the fault of women???

Bright Raven":10td7i4b said:
Keep women in the home doing what they were made to do - raise kids.

Leave the rest of the world to men.

That solves everything.
This surely belongs in the Daily Joke thread :clap: :lol:...little man.

When traditional roles left home so did morals and values.
Our children weren't trying to blow up the schools or shoot it up.
Over a couple of decades we changed how the family unit operated from the beginning of time.Societal issues today speak for themselves.
This isn't about being politically correct but the truth on how we have been wired from creation.

CB you need to get that old Fully Authorized KJV 1611 Edition (Red Letters optional) out and learn the names of the many queens and female rulers mentioned in it. They didn't all spend their time having kids and herding sheep.

TexasBred":2khdt9mj said:
Caustic Burno":2khdt9mj said:
alisonb":2khdt9mj said:
You are surely not suggesting that this is the fault of women???

This surely belongs in the Daily Joke thread :clap: :lol:...little man.

Over a couple of decades we changed how the family unit operated from the beginning of time.Societal issues today speak for themselves.
This isn't about being politically correct but the truth on how we have been wired from creation.

CB you need to get that old Fully Authorized KJV 1611 Edition (Red Letters optional) out and learn the names of the many queens and female rulers mentioned in it. They didn't all spend their time having kids and herding sheep.

Bathsheba comes to mind lust caused murder and adultery.
Then there was Jezebel, funny those names seemed to have died with them.
Don't forget Lott's daughters as well.

Caustic Burno":14h0n1v4 said:
TexasBred":14h0n1v4 said:
Caustic Burno":14h0n1v4 said:

Bathsheba comes to mind lust caused murder and adultery.
Then there was Jezebel, funny those names seemed to have died with them.
Don't forget Lott's daughters as well.

Queens and female rulers CB...not ladies of the night. Should have known you would have known them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Women are smart, shrewd and make excellent leaders. But they have no business being a cop or fireman, yet with all this equal this and that they are. I wonder how many lives have been lost through out the years because of a woman not having the strength of a man?

True Grit Farms":123svr8u said:
Women are smart, shrewd and make excellent leaders. But they have no business being a cop or fireman, yet with all this equal this and that they are. I wonder how many lives have been lost through out the years because of a woman not having the strength of a man?

TG, that's a straw man (woman?). I have seen so many fat out-of-shape cops and firefighters that it's not even remotely funny. H3ll, our local firefighters (all guys, that I've ever seen) sit outside around their BBQ and chain-smoke. At any given time, about a third of them are out on medical leave. And the job of cop requires cunning and shrewdness as much as anything. Indeed, if cops had more ability to de-escalate, we wouldn't be seeing all these officer-involved shootings...

boondocks":3u74hols said:
True Grit Farms":3u74hols said:

TG, that's a straw man (woman?). I have seen so many fat out-of-shape cops and firefighters that it's not even remotely funny. H3ll, our local firefighters (all guys, that I've ever seen) sit outside around their BBQ and chain-smoke. At any given time, about a third of them are out on medical leave. And the job of cop requires cunning and shrewdness as much as anything. Indeed, if cops had more ability to de-escalate, we wouldn't be seeing all these officer-involved shootings...
It's hard to de-escalte when your life is on the line all the time. My son always wanted to be a police officer, he use to say cops have it made, all they do is drink coffee and eat Dunkin Donuts.

Bright Raven":sybb018r said:
I knew I wasn't going to change your mind. Can anybody???

Just getting the food for thought set out on the table. Like all social issues, no one has the perfect solution. Such is the nature of the human social subjects.

Why change his mind ? I'm okay with it. Let him speak too. Why do you keep trying to chill him? His opinion is part of socializing your social issues.

The Muslims think they have the perfect solution for women. Their minds are set. But you got an issue with CB's opinion? :shock:

backhoeboogie":6vreexew said:
Bright Raven":6vreexew said:

Just getting the food for thought set out on the table. Like all social issues, no one has the perfect solution. Such is the nature of the human social subjects.

Why change his mind ? I'm okay with it. Let him speak too. Why do you keep trying to chill him? His opinion is part of socializing your social issues.

The Muslims think they have the perfect solution for women. Their minds are set. But you got an issue with CB's opinion? :shock:

You must be reading something I don't see.

Caustic Burno":20iuoieq said:

We put up 21 roosters Monday. I don't "like" taking their heads off, but it doesn't bother me. It bothers the wife tremendously and she cringes. Most (Not all Raven) of us are like this. We are wired like this. Caustic is right but some of you keep trying to chill him.

There is a multi-million seller book out there called "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars" I haven't read it but I keep hearing about it. For years. Usually it is the women pushing it to rationalize their issues.

Which side of the coin are you on ? Why do we have to choose a side at all ? None of us are going to agree with 100% of the issues and opinions 100 % of the time. But we gotta grind an axe when you don't like an opinion ?

backhoeboogie":1agsbh7f said:
Caustic Burno":1agsbh7f said:

We put up 21 roosters Monday. I don't "like" taking their heads off, but it doesn't bother me. It bothers the wife tremendously and she cringes. Most (Not all Raven) of us are like this. We are wired like this. Caustic is right but some of you keep trying to chill him.

There is a multi-million seller book out there called "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars" I haven't read it but I keep hearing about it. For years. Usually it is the women pushing it to rationalize their issues.

Which side of the coin are you on ? Why do we have to choose a side at all ? None of us are going to agree with 100% of the issues and opinions 100 % of the time. But we gotta grind an axe when you don't like an opinion ?

Bachhoe.

I apologize if I hurt or offended you. Or CB, but I think he is tough enough to handle it. I know how sensitive you are about participating in a forum discussion where someone else might express an opposing view.

Bright Raven":n09d081l said:
backhoeboogie":n09d081l said:
Bright Raven":n09d081l said:

Did you miss this part ?

Caustic Burno":n09d081l said:
Raven you can quit casting.
Stated my thoughts no further discussion is going to change my mind.
Nuff said.

backhoeboogie":1oauyi14 said:
Bright Raven":1oauyi14 said:
backhoeboogie":1oauyi14 said:

Did you miss this part ?

Caustic Burno":1oauyi14 said:
Raven you can quit casting.
Stated my thoughts no further discussion is going to change my mind.
Nuff said.

Again:

I apologize if I hurt or offended you. Or CB, but I think he is tough enough to handle it. I know how sensitive you are about participating in a forum discussion where someone else might express an opposing view.

Bright Raven":ssiqkt9p said:
backhoeboogie":ssiqkt9p said:
Caustic Burno":ssiqkt9p said:

Bachhoe.

Thank you but you owe me no apology and I don't need a Kleenex. What bothers me is all the chilling and people who have left because of it. Why do we run people out and why are people not flocking in like they used to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts