cali -- every business will have a woman on board or face fines

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
backhoeboogie":39xk7y3t said:
Bright Raven":39xk7y3t said:
backhoeboogie":39xk7y3t said:
We put up 21 roosters Monday. I don't "like" taking their heads off, but it doesn't bother me. It bothers the wife tremendously and she cringes. Most (Not all Raven) of us are like this. We are wired like this. Caustic is right but some of you keep trying to chill him.

There is a multi-million seller book out there called "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars" I haven't read it but I keep hearing about it. For years. Usually it is the women pushing it to rationalize their issues.

Which side of the coin are you on ? Why do we have to choose a side at all ? None of us are going to agree with 100% of the issues and opinions 100 % of the time. But we gotta grind an axe when you don't like an opinion ?

Bachhoe.

I apologize if I hurt or offended you. Or CB, but I think he is tough enough to handle it. I know how sensitive you are about participating in a forum discussion where someone else might express an opposing view.

Thank you but you owe me no apology and I don't need a Kleenex. What bothers me is all the chilling and people who have left because of it. Why do we run people out and why are people not flocking in like they used to ?

If you cannot handle a forum, how the heII do you handle your life? Does your mom still nursemaid you?

Bright Raven":2o0dns70 said:
If you cannot handle a forum, how the heII do you handle your life? Does your mom still nursemaid you?

Mom has been gone for 15 years now. I left home 41 years ago and have never looked back.

This forum used to be fun Raven. Spit coffee out on the computer screen choking fun. You learned not to take a sip when you read certain folks posts. It aint like that anymore.

backhoeboogie":nunliwtt said:
Bright Raven":nunliwtt said:

Mom has been gone for 15 years now. I left home 41 years ago and have never looked back.

This forum used to be fun Raven. Spit coffee out on the computer screen choking fun. You learned not to take a sip when you read certain folks posts. It aint like that anymore.

You have my sympathy.

backhoeboogie":wffgzuhq said:
Bright Raven":wffgzuhq said:

I thought we lost a large group when we had the login issues.

Brute I dunno. I used to look forward to the chuckles.

We have picked up some really sharp engineers that are female. But we also found some with a chip on their shoulder. There is a difference. Some men just can't cut the mustard.

When we get a lady who is exceptionally good, I take it to top management. Problem is they fly up the food chain because we are short on top.

Shana was a Chemical Engineer. One of the smartest people I have ever worked with. Unfortunately some rich dude in Katy caught her eye and she decided to be that stay at home mom. I could work anywhere with Shana as a CEO. She'd be better than many of the men I work for now.

Getting the right woman is the issue.

backhoeboogie":3t2asqlt said:
Bright Raven":3t2asqlt said:
backhoeboogie":3t2asqlt said:
We put up 21 roosters Monday. I don't "like" taking their heads off, but it doesn't bother me. It bothers the wife tremendously and she cringes. Most (Not all Raven) of us are like this. We are wired like this. Caustic is right but some of you keep trying to chill him.

There is a multi-million seller book out there called "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars" I haven't read it but I keep hearing about it. For years. Usually it is the women pushing it to rationalize their issues.

Which side of the coin are you on ? Why do we have to choose a side at all ? None of us are going to agree with 100% of the issues and opinions 100 % of the time. But we gotta grind an axe when you don't like an opinion ?

Bachhoe.

I apologize if I hurt or offended you. Or CB, but I think he is tough enough to handle it. I know how sensitive you are about participating in a forum discussion where someone else might express an opposing view.

Thank you but you owe me no apology and I don't need a Kleenex. What bothers me is all the chilling and people who have left because of it. Why do we run people out and why are people not flocking in like they used to ?
Backhole go bakc and read your responses....you contradict yourself. Nobody is baling out and running off. Could just be your paranoia playing with you. Relax..heck people come and go all the time. It's what you call "normal" activity. They're wondering over on "Ranchers" where you are right now. :lol2: :lol2:

backhoeboogie":1jrotzj7 said:

Backhoe:

I was busy this morning with two new calves so I didn't give your lamentations of grief and sorrow enough attention.

I want you to know that I am here for you if you want to send a PM. Life can be a challenge and losing a place to have fun has clearly been a devastating blow for you.

In deepest sympathy, your friend and fellow User, Ron.

;-)

backhoeboogie":3bxzzohx said:

We have picked up some really sharp engineers that are female. But we also found some with a chip on their shoulder. There is a difference. Some men just can't cut the mustard.

When we get a lady who is exceptionally good, I take it to top management. Problem is they fly up the food chain because we are short on top.

Shana was a Chemical Engineer. One of the smartest people I have ever worked with. Unfortunately some rich dude in Katy caught her eye and she decided to be that stay at home mom. I could work anywhere with Shana as a CEO. She'd be better than many of the men I work for now.

My sister was a chemical engineer. She is brilliant. At her first job just out of college, her direct boss walked up to her and told her on her first day of work that "women have no business being engineers." Despite the misogyny, with hard work, within a few years she was running a lab with dozens reporting to her. She was working on "star wars" and her part of the project she was making sure to keep under budget. They told her to falsify records and increase the amounts, to balance out other projects that were over budget. She refused and they demoted her, and starting giving her bad reviews.
Was she the "right" woman?

boondocks":1bj4juyn said:
They told her to falsify records and increase the amounts, to balance out other projects that were over budget. She refused and they demoted her, and starting giving her bad reviews.

She probably was the "right" woman but she was working for the wrong company. Stuff like this isn't gender specific as the same thing happened to me on two occasions with two different employers. When faced with that I realized it was time for me to change jobs. One came back three times trying to get me to come back and even offered to triple my salary but it wasn't about money. All you have in this world is your good name and mine can't be bought ...... or at least not for what they were offering. (I think somewhere around $5 million in cash and I'd be vacillating though)

Jogeephus":b6dpn97z said:
boondocks":b6dpn97z said:
They told her to falsify records and increase the amounts, to balance out other projects that were over budget. She refused and they demoted her, and starting giving her bad reviews.

She probably was the "right" woman but she was working for the wrong company. Stuff like this isn't gender specific as the same thing happened to me on two occasions with two different employers. When faced with that I realized it was time for me to change jobs. One came back three times trying to get me to come back and even offered to triple my salary but it wasn't about money. All you have in this world is your good name and mine can't be bought ...... or at least not for what they were offering. (I think somewhere around $5 million in cash and I'd be vacillating though)

The Year was 1978. I was working for a large coal company in Eastern Kentucky. I was responsible for a small staff that sampled coal and performed all the sampling for discharge standards. At the time, our NPDES sample results went directly to the USEPA in Atlanta, Georgia. Some of our sedimentation ponds were not performing. The Chief Engineer told me in blunt terms that they needed to comply even if it meant that I took the water samples from a tap. I simply turned around and walked out of his office. In about 3 weeks, I resigned.

boondocks":1wkusimj said:
backhoeboogie":1wkusimj said:

My sister was a chemical engineer. She is brilliant. At her first job just out of college, her direct boss walked up to her and told her on her first day of work that "women have no business being engineers." Despite the misogyny, with hard work, within a few years she was running a lab with dozens reporting to her. She was working on "star wars" and her part of the project she was making sure to keep under budget. They told her to falsify records and increase the amounts, to balance out other projects that were over budget. She refused and they demoted her, and starting giving her bad reviews.

It runs both ways in todays world.
When i left plumbing and heating and entered healthcare, my first week on the job, i stepped into an elevator where another female employee already stood. She was an RN of over 30 years. The doors shut and she immediately asked, "you're the new guy on oncology arent you?" I responded yes ma'am. She then replied, "Good luck. Men don't belong there. Don't have enough compassion."
Fast forward a few years and i was promoted to my current position in administration. The rumor mill churned out the position that i wasnt qualified for the position. "Only reason i got the job was because i had a d*ck." Thats a direct quote from one of the female staff.
Been doing the job for 7 years now with never anything but a 5 star annual review, and my immediate supervisor is the #2 person in the organization; and she is a female (and one of the best supervisors i have worked with.)
Point is, people are people, sex, color, ethnicity be darned. You have great ones, and you have turds too.
Since we are sharing anecdotal positions, as a boy growing up, my life was always better when my mom was not working a job. It was just better knowing she was going to be there. I dont know how fulfilled she was waiting tables, but i dont think she enjoyed it. I do miss the days when she worked at a donut bakery...lots of donut breakfasts ;-)

backhoeboogie":1u2j7q2i said:

You run her off??? Won't ever be another Lammie will there BJ.

Bright Raven":2784ww3k said:
backhoeboogie":2784ww3k said:
TexasBred":2784ww3k said:
They're wondering over on "Ranchers" where you are right now. :lol2: :lol2:

Friends know how to find me.

Who is Lammie? Who is BJ?

She's got my email address, phone number etc. that's scary right there.

backhoeboogie":2n379yor said:
Bright Raven":2n379yor said:
backhoeboogie":2n379yor said:
Friends know how to find me.

Who is Lammie? Who is BJ?

She's got my email address, phone number etc. that's scary right there.

Backhoe, everyone has your email address and phone number these days. It is simple to get. Companies buy that information from each other so they can try to sell us something. Don't worry. What can she do?

Bright Raven":2q1j6ett said:
Backhoe, everyone has your email address and phone number these days. It is simple to get. Companies buy that information from each other so they can try to sell us something. Don't worry. What can she do?

All I know is what some people told me what she sent in pm's.

I sold her hay. We had coffee. Big mistake in judgement on my part.

But i've met a couple of dozen people from here, in person. They were all great.

backhoeboogie":1whk1dj1 said:
Bright Raven":1whk1dj1 said:

All I know is what some people told me what she sent in pm's.

I sold her hay. We had coffee. Big mistake in judgement on my part.

But i've met a couple of dozen people from here, in person. They were all great.

That is all I want to know.

Peace, my friend.

greybeard":2fsdvjui said:
My sister was a chemical engineer.
And now?

Has one of those govt-clearance levels that she'd have to shoot me if she says much. Science-related post for homeland sec'y. Spends a bunch of time in a bunker somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts