cali -- every business will have a woman on board or face fines

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ddd75":37hn1lbn said:
'caucasian males'

thats a really racist, arrogant, and disgusting comment against the blacks, asians, hispanics, etc that are all on companies boards.

wow. news media.. what am i supposed to believe ?

She was only talking about caucasian males. She'll get to the others IF they come up in conversation. Not racist, arrogant or disgusting at all.

Nothing from California surprises me.

"Publicly traded" means I can own stock in a company.

In Texas, I can water my grass on Tuesday or wash my car on Wednesday plus I don't have to put bricks in the toilet to limit water on flushing.

Caustic Burno":74ogfex6 said:
We sure seemed to have a heck of lot less societal issues than today.
You are surely not suggesting that this is the fault of women???

Bright Raven":74ogfex6 said:
Keep women in the home doing what they were made to do - raise kids.

Leave the rest of the world to men.

That solves everything.
This surely belongs in the Daily Joke thread :clap: :lol:...little man.

alisonb":10y3zxpe said:
Caustic Burno":10y3zxpe said:

Bright Raven":10y3zxpe said:

That solves everything.

Alison: communications are difficult on forums. My post was sarcastic in response to CB's comment. It should not be taken literally.

alisonb":2089anps said:
So should I laugh or cry??

You got me there. I was basically expressing my disappointment that people still think women should be kept barefoot and pregnant. To be clear, I am not directing that at CB. You would be surprised at how backward we are on affording women the same opportunities that men have to choose the quality of their life. If they want to be mothers, fine. If they want to be a Chief Executive or Doctor, fine.

Brute 23":3pi671b8 said:
So much for equal rights. This type of stuff sets women back IMO... not moves society forward.

A mandate to force publicly traded companies to put women on corporate boards is a drastic step. I am sure the issue was debated in the legislature of California.

It might be the only means to force change in the "Good old boy" system that keeps most corporate boards looking like the "Boy's Night Out" poker game.

alisonb":30cpd9d1 said:

Alison, now you can laugh. This is apropo in this case:

lun9u.jpg

Bright Raven":3cu2l6oc said:
Brute 23":3cu2l6oc said:
So much for equal rights. This type of stuff sets women back IMO... not moves society forward.

A mandate to force publicly traded companies to put women on corporate boards is a drastic step. I am sure the issue was debated in the legislature of California.

It might be the only means to force change in the "Good old boy" system that keeps most corporate boards looking like the "Boy's Night Out" poker game.

Boards as a whole are always going to be a "Good ol boy" system. Now they will just find females that play the same game. It will be so and so's wife or daughter instead of so and so them self.

The best way for change is time. A lot of these stereo types are fading each generation unless some one does some thing like this to reignite it. I think it has the same affect as the black people that went after the cops and whites. They perpetuated the stereo type for a totally new generation.

Brute 23":1lbl1kc2 said:
Bright Raven":1lbl1kc2 said:
Brute 23":1lbl1kc2 said:

Boards as a whole are always going to be a "Good ol boy" system. Now they will just find females that play the same game. It will be so and so's wife or daughter instead of so and so them self.

The best way for change is time. A lot of these stereo types are fading each generation unless some one does some thing like this to reignite it. I think it has the same affect as the black people that went after the cops and whites. They perpetuated the stereo type for a totally new generation.

Somethings are hard to fix. Good points.

Brute 23":1odmxod0 said:

Get that chick off of Yellowstone. I'll buy some stock in that company.

alisonb":32nxz00b said:
Caustic Burno":32nxz00b said:

Bright Raven":32nxz00b said:

That solves everything.

When traditional roles left home so did morals and values.
Our children weren't trying to blow up the schools or shoot it up.
Over a couple of decades we changed how the family unit operated from the beginning of time.Societal issues today speak for themselves.
This isn't about being politically correct but the truth on how we have been wired from creation.

Don't see where this should be much of a problem myself. After all, this is California where they are always advocating for the rights of undocumented workers so it would seem all a company would need to do is appoint an undocumented illegal alien woman to the board and that would be the end of it. Of course this is probably unnecessary since all they would have to do is give a willing member a nice bonus if they would claim they identified as a woman and that would be the end of that. This is California.

Bright Raven":bc1kn5iv said:
alisonb":bc1kn5iv said:

Alison, now you can laugh. This is apropo in this case:

lun9u.jpg

This is where emoticons can be very helpful. A sarcastic remark can end with the wink face, and it may be taken as meant. Combined with a laughing thing.

Caustic Burno":2fy46fpy said:
alisonb":2fy46fpy said:
Caustic Burno":2fy46fpy said:

Bright Raven":2fy46fpy said:

That solves everything.

When traditional roles left home so did morals and values.
Our children weren't trying to blow up the schools or shoot it up.
Over a couple of decades we changed how the family unit operated from the beginning of time.Societal issues today speak for themselves.
This isn't about being politically correct but the truth on how we have been wired from creation.

You can lament the changes but no one controls social evolution in humans. Society is dealing with tremendous changes in social order due to the need for two bread earners and the aspirations of contemporary women in today's world. I agree, it has pleased stress on society. The ship has sailed. Rarely, do you see a reversal in social evolution.

Caustic Burno":ftuvna0c said:
Raven you can quit casting.
Stated my thoughts no further discussion is going to change my mind.
Nuff said.

I knew I wasn't going to change your mind. Can anybody???

Just getting the food for thought set out on the table. Like all social issues, no one has the perfect solution. Such is the nature of the human social subjects.

Will it be the best man or woman for the job, or the one that relates as the woman. Bruce Jenner was before his time. California is bankrupt and those that make the financial decisions are idiots.

Bright Raven":u6tlragw said:
Caustic Burno":u6tlragw said:
You can lament the changes but no one controls social evolution in humans. Society is dealing with tremendous changes in social order due to the need for two bread earners and the aspirations of contemporary women in today's world. I agree, it has pleased stress on society. The ship has sailed. Rarely, do you see a reversal in social evolution.

Ron, you get the first part of "it." Here's some further food for thought, where we move from talking about gender to talking about class. We (middle class-ish white-ish) folks tend to look at the past (and esp the immediate post-WWII period) as some sort of halcyon utopia. Of course, that is ahistoric. It was anything but utopia for many people: vets dealing with untreated PTSD; women who were fired to make way for the returning vets; blacks who fought for their country and came home to no jobs and Jim Crow.
My family was mostly poor (like most were prior to WWII) and the women have worked for generations. I am aware of no idyllic time period in MY family's past when the womenfolk had the luxury of "just" raising the kids. And black women, of course, worked as domestics, raising other folk's kids (while theirs were at home) and cleaning other people's houses. Point being, for poor whites and most black and immigrant families, the time period that CB (eg) thinks of as "perfect" and "unstressful" was anything but, for many Americans. We are looking at it through a lens of modern-day class privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts