Butcher messed up...

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Carried a 1300 lb organically grass fed black charlolais to the butcher and he gave me this back. I think he messed up. Well maybe not. ;-) :mrgreen: Anyone know what this might be?

IMG_4420.jpg

Just kidding about getting it from the butcher. Don't know a butcher around that would touch it. Does look like pork though doesn't it. Give you a tip, the loin muscle ends up being a quad muscle.

curtis":2tove9k4 said:
I heard that cats are their favorite meal.
I heard it was human legs...especially farmers... :lol: I was told they very rearly have cat as they are to fast for them on land and cats very rearly go near water. Dog on the other hand get got far more often. Captive Gators are feed fish. Get your facts straight before trying to upset the Cat community.
cheeky_10.gif

Jogeephus":3ume54k7 said:
Chrisy, here is a link you may find helpful. Course they only have crocs and zebra but they are in your neck of the woods. ;-) BTW - do ya'll serve tea with zebra fillets? :lol:

http://www.osgrow.com/index_document_1.htm
Jo they only supply to the catering trade, you need to buy big amounts far to much for me. Never had Zebra not sure I would want to. Had Camel in Egypt, can't say I remember what it tasted of though. But I probably would have a cup of tea with it, as tea goes well with most foods. Can't beat an good English cup of tea. ;-)

chrisy":1frzbx4v said:
But I probably would have a cup of tea with it, as tea goes well with most foods. Can't beat an good English cup of tea.

I agree. Especially once its been sugared up and the proper amount of ice has been added to it. :lol2:

john250":1frzbx4v said:
There appears to be a good amount of fat in gator meat? Or is that connective tissue?
Do they eat corn? Crackers? Cocker Spaniels? They gotta be eating good.

Yes that's fat the tail meat is like loin meat wrapped in the layers of fat. I'll trim it out later. They eat fish, beevers, turtles, the occasional deer or dog that gets too close to the water. I feed one of them deer carcuses.

Jogeephus":2040juct said:
Carried a 1300 lb organically grass fed black charlolais to the butcher and he gave me this back. I think he messed up. Well maybe not. ;-) :mrgreen: Anyone know what this might be?

IMG_4420.jpg

All I know is that Alligator sausage tastes like Alligator............

Zebra tastes the same as horse, though we usually made most of it into salami, crock is inclined to be a little fatty, especially the farmed ones, they are fed chicken, wild ones eat whatever they can catch, mostly fish, which gives a slightly fish flavour.
You must pay us a visit if you are down our way Chrisy, we do have plenty of Buffalo and wild boar in the farm shop from off the farm.

john250":u98y3avs said:
There appears to be a good amount of fat in gator meat? Or is that connective tissue?
Do they eat corn? Crackers? Cocker Spaniels? They gotta be eating good.

The only good meat from a gator is the tail meat; kind of wasteful, but I am a cajun....
The trick to making gator taste good (the way it should) is to trim the fat off meticulously. Any fat at all and the meat will taste somewhat rancid. If the meat is well trimmed we fry it up just like you would catfish filets (after seasoning ofcourse). I'm getting hungry

andybob":xj0mvrbq said:
Zebra tastes the same as horse, though we usually made most of it into salami, crock is inclined to be a little fatty, especially the farmed ones, they are fed chicken, wild ones eat whatever they can catch, mostly fish, which gives a slightly fish flavour.
You must pay us a visit if you are down our way Chrisy, we do have plenty of Buffalo and wild boar in the farm shop from off the farm.
Yes might just do that andy, one of these days. Looked up on map and it should only take just under 2 hours to drive down. When I have my next holiday in August, I will pm you when I am coming and purhaps you can take time out to say Hello.

Latest posts