Business Plan

Help Support CattleToday:

Just joined today and saw this post. I don't have cattle at this point but I would also be interested in looking at this spreadsheet if you have the time. So far, I'm really enjoying reading all these posts.

heyz

i'd love to have a coppy of that spread sheet to.

my email addy is [email protected]

we have 15 herford cows that we started with 2 years ago so ja we are pretty new to it all

we also have a dairy farm milking 370 cows the beef side is more of a hobby

thanx

al

I sent it on to sillco and mbdear.

And DR, I am using it as a base and modifying it for my plans and will to present (when I get it done) to get some additional financing that will allow me to expand.

thanks

royB":1vd5koql said:
I sent it on to sillco and mbdear.

And DR, I am using it as a base and modifying it for my plans and will to present (when I get it done) to get some additional financing that will allow me to expand.

thanks

Thanks royB...the spreadsheet came through in great condition. I have already plugged in a few figures and determined that this should be a pretty normal year as far as losing money goes.

i know i'm very late in this posting but i could really use a copy of that spread sheet. in the last year and a half, i have bought the land , haying equipment, three cuttings this year rolled and stored and am now going to by some hereford calves from a co-worker who is out pacing his property. all this on no buisness plan so the hobby is starting into a buisness and i would appreciate a copy of that b-plan [email protected]

D.R. Cattle":1v3ck1im said:
I've sent it to dozens. I'm still wondering if anyone found it usefull.

I have really enjoyed playing around with it by using different stocking rates, projected sale prices, calving percentages, mortgage costs, etc. to see the immediate effect on the projected bottom line.

It took me awhile to notice the different pages at the bottom of the sheet. Once I got to the page with the graphs and imput area it all came together and made a lot of sense.

Thanks again for sharing this tool with the group.

Mike Dear
[email protected]

mbdear":30ga9bdv said:
D.R. Cattle":30ga9bdv said:
I've sent it to dozens. I'm still wondering if anyone found it usefull.

I have really enjoyed playing around with it by using different stocking rates, projected sale prices, calving percentages, mortgage costs, etc. to see the immediate effect on the projected bottom line.

It took me awhile to notice the different pages at the bottom of the sheet. Once I got to the page with the graphs and imput area it all came together and made a lot of sense.

Thanks again for sharing this tool with the group.

Mike Dear
[email protected]

It definitely allows you to see how much difference a minute change can make to the bottom line. Stocking rates make a big difference especially when there is a lot of fixed overhead. I wonder if everyone else realized the input page tab? Most of the other stuff is just linked reporting.

Latest posts