Bulls for the sale 3/17

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
A couple of young bulls I am selling in 2 weeks. The black bull is a balancer,definately a heifer bull. The red purebred Gelbvieh bull has decent BW 1.4(i think) but I wouldn't use him on heifers the first year. They are definately not as heavy as if they had been on test but they are also not carrying any excess fat that will melt, later on. BTW if anyone thinks they are not showing enuf nuts remember how cold it is in Colorado this time of year.
They are just in our local bull sale and not in anything high powered. I know I am leaving some money on the table but at this point my inputs are pretty minimal so I can sell them for a little less.

Feel free to critisize all you want. I already know where they are weak, yer not gonna hurt my feelings.

P1000217.jpg

P1000225.jpg

I forgot the Wildebeast. This might just be the worst picture I ever took of a pretty nice bull. He is a Black RA balancer. I will try to get a real good pic of him when we trim them for the sale, and then I will reveal who his sire is.
P1000221.jpg

I think, I like the red one best..... Good luck with them :tiphat:

WORANCH":11zw1wb0 said:
I think, I like the red one best..... Good luck with them :tiphat:

Thanks, I do too. He turned a year old on 2/15, the blk bull is a month younger. I am looking forward to see the weights on them but I won't have those until the sale

They look pretty good 3way. I do like Ol' Red best at least from these pictures. I hope they bring a good price for you.

I do like the red one as well, but everyone knows I'm partial to that colour. the last one with the bad picture looks like he's got really nice length despite the camera being on the wrong side of him

Nesikep":33m4vrvw said:
I do like the red one as well, but everyone knows I'm partial to that colour. the last one with the bad picture looks like he's got really nice length despite the camera being on the wrong side of him

Actually he is a really pretty bull. Last summer he was slick as u would ever see. He just grew that mane. He has really big nuts and I think he is really pumping some testosterone. That is an april calf and he has the biggest scrotal of all my bulls.

BTW thanks to everyone for your comments. I also like the red bull the best. His name BTW is First Colorado Edition out of Limited Edition from Flying H Gelbvieh.

This is a link to his sire. http://www.flyinghgenetics.com/sires/ge ... U.html..... I also own this bulls mother 82R I may breed her back to Ideal Legacy next time. I would like to have a sister to the Limited Edition bull, and Ideal Legacy is sure enuf a cow maker.

That link is not working try this one
http://www.flyinghgenetics.com/sires.html

How old is the 34 bull? What is his angus lineage?

Red bull looks like he has length, what does he weigh?

Went to a sale tonight prices for what I liked were up there.

tom4018":ajb6umeg said:
How old is the 34 bull? What is his angus lineage? . He is out of the Angus bull I sold last fall. I already regret that move but when the Commercial guy who bought him sells him I will probably buy him back and maybe even collect him. He was a great heifer bull. This calf has a beautiful but on him it just doesn't show in this picture because of the angle [/b]

Red bull looks like he has length,He does. what does he weigh? Not sure but I think close to 1,000

Went to a sale tonight prices for what I liked were up there.
Went to the Pot O Gold sale here in Colorado last friday. the prices were probably $1,000 higher than last year for the avg.

KNERSIE":hgpe1m0m said:
I hope the demand is high, the buyers still want them fat in most places

One of my best customers is turning out to be one of the Tribes from New Mexico. They have already told me how they like em and it ain't fat. Those bulls run on rough country and they need to be developed different. I can't believe how much better these calves look since we turned them out in that big pasture. There is a big bull producer in Colo who runs their bulls in a couple hundred acres and makes them walk a 300yd triangle for grain-hay-water. When you bring those bulls home they do not melt. I sold them an Ozz Govenor son last fall that was 14mo old and had never seen a bite of grain. He weighed right at 1,000lbs. He has been on their winter bull program which consists mostly of just hay with them giving him a little grain 2 or 3 times a week. They told me the other day that he has grown out so well this winter that they are very happy with him and it's muscle not fat! BTW they love the red bull also and I am hoping they pay a lot for him.

and yes Knersie MOST buyers still want em fat.

How many Corriente bulls are you consigning? I would come if you have a few. Need about 15.

Scroote":30n9yi52 said:
How many Corriente bulls are you consigning? I would come if you have a few. Need about 15.

Funny you should ask. I am clear out of the Corriente business. Jogeephus drove up the other day with a 20ft cattle trailer and loaded 150 of them into it to haul back to Georgia to introduce into his Imbalancer line of cattle. He said he not only wanted for his bulls to be able to point pheasants but to be able to gore them to death if necessary!

Scroote":1uw1mgmy said:

Sorry Scroote I forgot to add that I did keep about a dozen to give as door prizes at the sale. Some sales give a Hat or a sorting stick with a bull purchase we decided to give a corriente to anyone who buys 3 or more bulls and then allow them to shoot it in the ring for everyone's viewing pleasure.

3waycross":k79l6rmr said:
Scroote":k79l6rmr said:

Sorry Scroote I forgot to add that I did keep about a dozen to give as door prizes at the sale. Some sales give a Hat or a sorting stick with a bull purchase we decided to give a corriente to anyone who buys 3 or more bulls and then allow them to shoot it in the ring for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Thats awesome 3way, but what am I going to do with 3 balancer bulls? Guess I will re-consign them into the sale. Maybe I could re-buy them and get 3 more Corriente. I will refer all my business now to Jogeephus since he is the new fullblood source for these fantastic bulls. I am sorry though, I will not be shootin them in the ring. I need them to moderate my epd bred terminal style angus cows.

Scroote you can do whatever you want. I think everyone knows I don't have much use for Corrientes and doubt that anyone really cares. What I have to wonder is why you have to hijack my bull thread with that once more and then not take a joke and just let it go.

So how about leaving me and Knersie and whoever else you need to stalk alone at least for a while. Lighten up man.

Latest posts