Bull rent/lease

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":2t4vnzal said:
The tric test is no big deal. When we sell a bull we tric and BSE at the same time. The bull I'll be renting is one we sold to the guy last spring after tric and BSE test. When we pick him up we will tric and BSE him again and when we're done we'll do it again. Last fall the neighbors full visited for a while so we're ultra carefull not only for our cows but for our customers.

Like you said Dun, it is no big deal! It is amazing how many people just don't care, and put their entire herd at risk! For us, a BSE and Trich runs about $80 (includes farm call fee). If you get an appointment during one of the BSE exam days set up by the extension, it is much cheaper AND they vaccinate and worm your bull for FREE! Pfizer pays for it.

I think a fair rate is $200 per month for 3 months plus transport cost, regardless of # of cows. Too bad Gizmom won't do it and just accept a 30 pack! :)

Got my answer today. He's not charging us anything, glad to not have to feed him for 2 months. I don;t know if I mentioned it but this is one of the bulls we sold him in the spring. He just came off of 35 cows so he in his working clothes but should be ready to go again in a week or so when the tric test results come back. He passed his BSE with flying colors today

dun":3mg3hwg9 said:
Got my answer today. He's not charging us anything, glad to not have to feed him for 2 months. I don;t know if I mentioned it but this is one of the bulls we sold him in the spring. He just came off of 35 cows so he in his working clothes but should be ready to go again in a week or so when the tric test results come back. He passed his BSE with flying colors today

Excellent! Which one of the boys was that? I forgot.

houstoncutter":2ov4jgce said:
used to do it at $300 a month, but i wouldnt do it anymore. Just to many STD'S in some herds, so if you do, take the bull to the sale barn and sell him when hes done. Just my opinion.

I agree with this statement.

we very seldom if ever rent a bull out anymore. To a good friend/customer in a bind, maybe. We used to, and then ground the bull up for burger when we got him back.

don't typically have any unsold bulls left to lease out, so answer is easy.

Latest posts