Bull Lease

Help Support CattleToday:

ValleyVeiw":2djmt72j said:
Need some help,2 years ago i leased a bull from a neighbor and i only have 5 cows .I told them that I would feed him through the winter ( last winter)if I could use him in the spring. so I did, come spring time they pulled him out , to lease to someone elese , they eventually brought him back in july, I told them that he would have to go by oct. because i don't have the hay to feed him this winter and they agreed.Well here it is jan. I 'm almost out of hay and he is still here. and they aren't even trying to get him out . What would you do?

What do you figure it has cost you to feed the bull. Using the rate for your area for hay and or anything else you have put into him?????????

Dude,

Why are you being a smartarse and stalkin me? If you got a problem with me lets hear it. Otherwise keep ya mouth shut. Also, at 256 dollars a ton on feed and bulls here averaging about 40cnts a pound your calculations are incorrect. That would not even cover the fuel or the feed cost on the bull. HOw ya like them apples?[/quote]

Well DUDE how about we talk some real world numbers. That being your world. I did a little research on both CATTLE and HAY prices since the man said he was running out of Hay not 262 dollar a ton "feed" whatever that is. Considering that the real world avg for Slaughter bulls for the whole state of Tn last week was .50 to .62 per pound then lets give you the benefit of the doubt and say he weighed in around 1650 which is kinda light. He would be at the average price of $.56 a $924 BULL.
Now since we are crunching REAL numbers I took the price for hay they describe as "other" which I will assume means "cow" hay. The best price I could find on the hay trader website was $47 per 725 pound bale. Nearest I can tell assuming that he was being fed well is that he was getting 40 pounds of hay a day then at 2.19 per day for approximately 101 days since Oct 1st he would show a profit of $706.00 over his costs. I am guessing he could rightly assume that he could keep 1/2 of that for his aggravation and labor involved in feeding said bull and return the remaing $350.00 to the now very unhappy owner.
SO, before you accuse me of stalking you again how about you stop talking long enough to get your facts straight. DUDE and one more thing I am not stalking you I am just calling you out for the uninformed and twisted person that your are. DUDE :cboy:

Please don't go there he will think I am stalking him too. It just made sense to me so I said so.

I hope that the original poster returns with an update.

As far as arguing over hay and cattle prices, the original poster never stated when he/she is located. So you don't really know how much it is costing the poster to keep the critter.

chippie":2hx3i074 said:
I hope that the original poster returns with an update.

Yes. Hopefully he/she is also done dealing with this neighbor. Going a little over is one thing but this neighbor's word is not good.

Sorry I have to busy to check the boards , I am in SW PA. and the bull is stiil here . round bales are going anywhere from $20 to $30 a peice, what would you say a 1300 lb bull eats a day , about 2 square bales?

ValleyVeiw":1bkcexqy said:
Sorry I have to busy to check the boards , I am in SW PA. and the bull is stiil here . round bales are going anywhere from $20 to $30 a peice, what would you say a 1300 lb bull eats a day , about 2 square bales?

Do you know for sure that he weighs 1300 lbs. cuz if you are using a 3yr old or older bull that only weighs 1300 lbs you are in some trouble. Assuming he does weigh that (which I am hard pressed to want to believe) then his daily hay consumption would be 30 to 40 lbs a day. Assuming that the average square bale weighs 67 to 75 pounds the would mean he was eating 10% of his weight daily. Not a probability in this or any other universe.

I guess at theis point I have to ask you if this is a Corriente bull or some kind of miniature? Do you know what breed he is or is supposed to be? How about a picture?

Latest posts