Bull Calve

Help Support CattleToday:

ok for the fun of it... 71# :lol:

jt

Vet was out and weighed him, 77 lbs. Gave him a shot of Selinium and clean bill of health. Here is a link to the cow and calf: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/D ... C00778.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

77#'s? Still looks like an 81 to me. Did you check his scales for accuracy? :lol: :lol: Who won the prize?

Thanks for the picture. A real cutie! Things have been kinda rough lately around the place (sick calves, no rain, need to start feeding hay, etc., etc.) Makes me want to sell out and move to town sometimes. On second thought, NOT!

The picture is a nice reminder of a part of the reason I raise cattle. Of course the other reason is that check from the livestock sale.

Angus Guy":yk3a6q4u said:
My guess 70.5#. A good way to figure wieght is measure heart girth when they are standing is pretty darn close. You have to get a conversion chart or the formula to convert inches to pounds. MOST DIFFENTLY THE RIGHT COLOR!!!!!!!!!

OK QUESTION HERE
Whats the formula for "guesstimating" the weight of a calf WITHOUT USING A SCALE.
PLEASE DONT TELL ME IT CANNOT BE DONE, YES IT CAN. They taught it in FFA way back in the yrs.

Just watch him/her for awhile...urine out of the rear then she's not a bull, urine out of the belly then he's not a heifer. My guess would be 60# no more than 65#...fine boned.
Susie Mc

You can evaluate the weight of beef cattle by multiplying the heart girth (around the chest) x the heart girth x the body length (inches from the front shoulder to the rump under tail head) divided by 300 = weight in pounds.

Has anyone tried this formula? It is supposed to be a 95% accurate.

Latest posts