Brindling in Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

From Upstreams site

3027.jpg

Eye pigment looks the same in his left eye, same bull.

Ya'll are hijacking my thread. It is the SAME bull no ifs, ands or buts about it.

What about the brindling? I assume it is bad digital work. It really jumped out at me in the catalog as soon as I turned to that page.

Strongly beleive that there is 2 different bull's pictured . Look at the difference in bone and muscle in the twist and lower quarter. But have seen pictures before of cattle and it does depend on the photographer and maybe even the camara. Also I would saythat there is a lot of difference in the sheath of the 2bulls pictured. Now tell me who is right and also about the brindle and howcome it shows in the ad pix.

WLM, Brian is right, the brindling effect you see is actually 'clipper tracks'.

Beefman, all pictures shown are 3027. Pictures were taken at different ages of the bull and at different body conditions. When printing high quality pictures, any slight differences in appearance are easier to see.

WichitaLineMan":3exnrugc said:
Ya'll are hijacking my thread. It is the SAME bull no ifs, ands or buts about it.

What about the brindling? I assume it is bad digital work. It really jumped out at me in the catalog as soon as I turned to that page.

It looks like an uneven hair job to me. Either clipping or wetting and combing. It looks too blotchy and uneven to be brindling. It does jump out though, not a good picture for an advertisement. The bad hair job takes the attention from an otherwise good looking bull.

Taking that clipper marks is the correct explanation, do you think they made a bad decision by going ahead and using this picture in the AI directory?

Why not just use the old pictures that have been out there before?

And in my mind the original mistake was flipping the photo several years ago. You can see why people get confused. Add a poor clip job and some mud and you've got a conspiracy on your hands!

WichitaLineMan":8ur67wu6 said:

If it is the same bull why does one have a red mark on his face and one doesn't :?:

They are two different bulls.

I assure everyone it is the same bull. The color markings on his neck, underline, and the brand are the same. The bull happens to have a red patch on his right side of his jaw and not on his left side. This is an excellent example of what a difference in body condition, camera angles and lighting can have on a the way a bull can look. That is why using a bull based just on his picture can be a risky proposition. It is also why some people drive the wheels off their vehicle looking at bulls and offspring before they use the bull. It is time well spent considering the investment.

Brian

I have seen the bull twice....In my opinion the best thing they could do would be cut his head off and dump all the semen....the bull is a dink....too many problems in this bull that you will never be able to breed away from....he is just a bull based on EPD's and hype...no phenotype or structure to support any reason to even consider him a bull...he would not have made a good steer....

3027 has Quantock 72y....Pacesetter and Carpenters Leo bull in the bottom....nuff said......that breeding has been stuffed away for a reason.....there is plenty of other junk in there also that the HEREFORD WORLD WOULD LIKE TO FORGET....

giftedcowboy":3spo2edh said:
I have seen the bull twice....In my opinion the best thing they could do would be cut his head off and dump all the semen....the bull is a dink....too many problems in this bull that you will never be able to breed away from....he is just a bull based on EPD's and hype...no phenotype or structure to support any reason to even consider him a bull...he would not have made a good steer....
Quit beating around the bush and tell us what you really think :)

Just goes to show;
YOU CAN'T PULL ANYTHING OVER ON THOSE OKIES! @

Jovid":1kn6kns7 said:
If it is the same bull why does one have a red mark on his face and one doesn't :?:

They are two different bulls.

Who knows maybe someday those okies will figure out that they have computer programs to flip pictures...

stockman12":3rf0vfea said:
Who knows maybe someday those okies will figure out that they have computer programs to flip pictures...
Like this

42426386.jpg

I'm really sorry I brought it up about the two bulls theory WLM.
And I have apologized.
Just seemed like a bit of a misrepresentation to flip a pic, and wouldn't have thought of that off the bat.

But yes that pic you showed does seem to reflect a bit of striping.
Clipper marks could probably account for it.
When mine are slick and shiny, even my BWFs show a little striping and dappling in the bright sunlight but they come off of Tigers.
Never really noticed it before on a PB Herf.

cmf1":1p1r2zd1 said:
I'm really sorry I brought it up about the two bulls theory WLM.
And I have apologized.
Just seemed like a bit of a misrepresentation to flip a pic, and wouldn't have thought of that off the bat.

But yes that pic you showed does seem to reflect a bit of striping.
Clipper marks could probably account for it.
When mine are slick and shiny, even my BWFs show a little striping and dappling in the bright sunlight but they come off of Tigers.
Never really noticed it before on a PB Herf.
Depending on the anlge and intensity of the sun I see it frequently on both the Herefords and the Red Angus, Actaully, any of the reds. Don;t see it on the blacks

dun":1dxstxtm said:
stockman12":1dxstxtm said:
Like this

42426386.jpg

Now THAT is a different bull. Note how the legs, tail and sheath are pointing in a completely different direction. The eyes look different, too.

Dun you aren't fooling me. I know that bull is in Australia. :lol2: @

dun":3e7xvzy0 said:
stockman12":3e7xvzy0 said:
Like this

42426386.jpg

3027 was at origen outside billings last fall....there were other bulls there that were ten thousand times better bulls...angus hereford and red angus....

I will tell you exactly what I think....I wont argue with you about it either....It's just my nature....

Seems like your beating around the bush to me. What exactly do you not like about his phenotype and pedigree? Be specific please. Thanks.

Latest posts