Brindling in Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

WichitaLineMan

Reaction score
Any thoughts on brindle coat in some Herefords?

It may be just my eyes or just the pictures that I have seen. But I have seen a picture of the Rambo bull that made him look brindled (slightly, not like a tiger stripe) and now the new Hereford AI book's picture of 3027 makes him look brindled. Any thoughts? Just my eyes playing tricks on me? Bad photos?

Check out the photo of 3027 in the new Hereford AI book. He was not just brushed in this picture.

WichitaLineMan":1vcn9cv2 said:
Check out the photo of 3027 in the new Hereford AI book. He was not just brushed in this picture.

Do you have a link?

He doesn't look brindled on the ABS Global site. Sometimes the pour on we use for ticks makes an animal look brindled when its not. He still is phenotypically the best L1 bull in my opinion.

He's got too much milk, remember, Knersie! LOL!

I'll try to scan a picture later today. I just got the AI guide today. It is a pasture pic.

And really he is only about 1/2 Line One.

4392521561_0f709236c0_b.jpg

You can see the brindling in this picture but it is even more evident on the physical picture in the AI book sent out by AHA.

I think what you see is a poor digital enhancement job, I don't see brindling, a slight almost leopard print pattern (still in red) isn't all that uncommon in herefords

In the photo in Paul's link you see the shadows between the ribs, very poor photo hard to believe its the same bull

I see brindle on the rear and on the tear drop. Could be "poor digital enhancement". I have never seen it on his other photos. This is the first photo of 3027s that I have noticed it on. Funny how two people look at something and see different patterns as I can not see the leopard print.

You still think he is too milky?

WichitaLineMan":6swarv9o said:
I see brindle on the rear and on the tear drop. Could be "poor digital enhancement". I have never seen it on his other photos. This is the first photo of 3027s that I have noticed it on. Funny how two people look at something and see different patterns as I can not see the leopard print.

You still think he is too milky?

Probably for a harsh environment, but he can be a tool on the right cows. Still has awesome beefiness for such a maternal bull

Easy to flip a photo.

42426386.jpg

42426386.jpg

I'm not so sure, but I think someone might have made a mistake identifying a bull in one of these photos.

Looks to me like a lot of white sock is missing on the bottom bull. A little more than mud is covering up.

In the ABS photo, It looks like they may have done kind of a rough job of slick shearing him. Combined with the shadows it gives it kind of a spotty appearance.

I seen several of his sons now and I don't think they are showing any signs of brindle in them.

1982vett said:
Easy to flip a photo.

42426386.jpg

42426386.jpg

I'm not so sure, but I think someone might have made a mistake identifying a bull in one of these photos.

Looks to me like a lot of white sock is missing on the bottom bull. A little more than mud is covering up.[/
quote]

I thought the same thing awhile back but no one else said anything

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40448&p=447004&hilit=3027#p447004

JHH":3jmifuk1 said:
1982vett":3jmifuk1 said:
Easy to flip a photo.

42426386.jpg

42426386.jpg

Looks to me like a lot of white sock is missing on the bottom bull. A little more than mud is covering up.[/
quote]

I thought the same thing awhile back but no one else said anything

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40448&p=447004&hilit=3027#p447004

I can't see the white switch on the tail of the ABS bull picture. May be hidden by his leg but I don't think so.

Latest posts