Breeds Poll

Help Support CattleToday:

DOC HARRIS":2xfbh2ga said:
I was waiting until somemone came up with this type of an answer. This is similar to asking "What are your three favorite soft drinks? - or - automobile tires -or -Church Denominations? How about - your three favorite Smooth Jazz Groups - or - or - or- - - - there will always be differences of opinion on WHATEVER subject you select. But the operative question should be - "For what PURPOSES are these (whatevers) to be used?" THEN we have a "Point of Beginning" - some common subject with a debatable purpose for expressing opposing reasons instead of senseless arguments. A final example: Which are your three favorite States in the United States of America? Which are your three least favorite?

Nice statement but I was thinking about the money I'd be making.

Deep ones
Long ones

Dislikes
Hard doing ones
Stupid ones
Bad mothers

South Devon
Brahman (or nearly any composite thereof, except for Beefmaster)

Dislikes:
Beefmaster
Highland
Limousin
DOC HARRIS":2752qkaj said:
I was waiting until somemone came up with this type of an answer. This is similar to asking "What are your three favorite soft drinks? - or - automobile tires -or -Church Denominations? How about - your three favorite Smooth Jazz Groups - or - or - or- - - - there will always be differences of opinion on WHATEVER subject you select. But the operative question should be - "For what PURPOSES are these (whatevers) to be used?" THEN we have a "Point of Beginning" - some common subject with a debatable purpose for expressing opposing reasons instead of senseless arguments. A final example: Which are your three favorite States in the United States of America? Which are your three least favorite?
Good grief, what part of Jake's original post "just state it and be done with it" is so difficult to understand?

docgraybull":11mx0szu said:
South Devon
Brahman (or nearly any composite thereof, except for Beefmaster)

Dislikes:
Beefmaster
Highland
Limousin
DOC HARRIS":11mx0szu said:
Good grief, what part of Jake's original post "just state it and be done with it" is so difficult to understand?
Good grief, are you back?

ollie":xk8ginz1 said:
Deep ones
Long ones

Dislikes
Hard doing ones
Stupid ones
Bad mothers

I think Ollie pretty much hit the nail on the head here.

certherfbeef":3nebay0r said:
ollie":3nebay0r said:
Deep ones
Long ones

Dislikes
Hard doing ones
Stupid ones
Bad mothers

I think Ollie pretty much hit the nail on the head here.
Ollie you forgot to put down docile ones for likes.That is important.
Damn we gonna be fighting like you and Texan

Like:
Hereford
Angus of either color, edge to the reds.
From what I see and hear, British White and Murray Grey might be tied for third.

Dislike:
Belgian Blue
Corriente
Limis, although I've seen some red and black baldies from this cross do well.

Was tempted to leave the dislikes off the post, was also tempted to put Herefords down three times under favorites.

Like:
Beefmaster
Brangus
Brahmans

Diss:
Ornamentals
Showcattle
miniatures

Like:
Brangus
Angus
Brahman & Hereford (tie)

Dislike:
Chianina
Belted Galloways
Blondes/ Marchigiana

CHAROLAIS
BRANGUS
HONORABLE MENTION: JERSEY(I HAVE A PET JERSEY THAT I RAISE 5 OR 6 CALVES A YEAR OFF HER)

DISLIKES:
LONGHORN
BRIMMER
ALL WILD ONES