Breeds Poll

Help Support CattleToday:

Im bringing my back up, you can say hello to Dr. Jeremy Noisewater and Tom O'Leary!!!

gore.jpg
[/img]

WarriorPatriot":2360kq88 said:
Uhh...Am I the only one here that mostly favors dairy cattle?
:(
Well, lets hear what breeds you like in the dairy breeds.

Holsteins milk more and thats what I would use if I had a dairy. But Jersey Milk tastes better IMO

Folks that milk Jersey's are too poor to milk a Holstein and too proud to milk a goat.

certherfbeef":1rmtskrl said:
Folks that milk Jersey's are too poor to milk a Holstein and too proud to milk a goat.
Doggone it Cert. I gotta disagree with that. That Jersey sure gives some rich milk that I can make plenty of Ice Cream With. But maybe you right. Those that milk the Holsteins haver a big house full of kids and they gotta have plenty of milkand can't afford the ice cream. :lol: :lol:

Favorites:
-Black Angus
-Hereford
-Holsteins

Lest Favorites:
-Corriente
-Dexter
-Devon

I also like the Black AngusXHereford

Oh goodie thanks guys! I'm not the only that likes dairy :D
I love the Holsteins because everyone of them have different markings, no two are alike, just like paint horses lol

Campground Cattle":ib33vqzm said:
Like.
Polled Hereford
polled Hereford
Polled Hereford.

Dislike
Any Thing continental

Come on Camp, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think. :lol:
As for me,

Dislikes: Holsteins, Corriente & Jersey's
;-)

8) Decided it was time to jump on this wagon. I'm not seeing my personal #1 show up too often, but when they do, usually on the wrong list. Must just be a bunch of folks who really don't know much about them.................................... :?:

Like:
Maine-Anjou #1
Simmental
Maine/Simm Cross

Dislike:
Anything with EAR
Anything double muscled
Hereford

I had a longtime Angus breeder ask me about coming to look at my cows. He didn't think he had ever seen a Maine-Anjou cow. After looking for about 10-15 minutes of not saying a word, he announced "They look just like Angus, except a whole lot better!!" ;-)

That's how I always describe Maine-Anjou now to people who don't know much about them.

AAOK":3ewnnwik said:
Must just be a bunch of folks who really don't know much about them.................................... :?:

Or maybe a bunch of folks who have had some experiences and don't think much of them. :?:

Latest posts