Branded yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher":15ooazk2 said:
BRG":15ooazk2 said:
SRBeef":15ooazk2 said:
Great pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post them. It sure points out the wide range of cattle systems in this country! Sure is different from mine. I've been to the stock barn in Herreid, are these photos from that area? Grass and cattle look good. Fine looking cattle going through the sale the day I was there. I like the fact they take great care to identify the producer for most groups. Still a people business as well as a cattle business. Jim

Thanks! We are about 80 miles west of there.
Thanks for your post. What does the brand stand for?

Doesn't really stand for anything. Just the brand Dad got when he started. His name is Larry and that is where the L comes from I guess.

kenny thomas":21dh607e said:
Everything looks great even if one of the pictures is of you. :lol:
I have got to ask what is the nordfork?
Also it seems there is no shade for the cows. How do they handle that or is there some trees we do not see?

The Nordfork is one of the best things I have seen for branding. Absolutely no labor with them. We used to have kids come out and flank them as they came by, but now we just make sure the roper has both hind feet. They come dragging by the guy running the Nordork and the guy just lays it over the ears of the calf and the roper does all the work.

Latest posts