Brahma cross

Help Support CattleToday:

We do go there, wife's family is from southeast Oklahoma. It would be pretty hard to justify trucking one calf that far. I jokingly tell my wife, I'm gonna go out there and buy some Brahmans.
We are actually figuring on relocating there at some point within the next few years.
If I'm still able, I'll get a few Brahmans then.
If/when we make the move, I may take some of my current cattle, I told my wife we'd look like the Clampetts rolling in with all the animals, tractors, etc.
May have to hire @kenny thomas and some of my connections around here to haul things out there.

You have a beautiful place.

The more I see her the less Brahman I see.
Yep. More like maybe 1/4 Brahma. I had a Plummer ( 1/2 LH and 1/2 Br) that got taqged by our Corr bull, and that calf looked a whole lot like this one does. Then again, about 20 years ago, I had some of my Corr stock in pasture after roping season was over. It was about 15 acres with a pole barn on it, that I'd keep the hay in. kept a tractor there to load it if I sold some. There was a man with 2 kids lived in a trailer right beside it, And he'd help me get up hay, or load hay for buyers if I called him. He'd get 2 bottle calves every year in the spring....a jeresy heifer and a Jeresy steer.....and sell them the next spring and buy 2 more, etc. The steer would be his son's, and the heifer his dauhter's. Usually about Nov or Devc, once it started getting rainy and wet, I'd let him put them in the pasture with my Corrs. Well, one year he didn't cut the bull calf, and didn't tell me, and I never thought to ask or look to see. I ended up the next fall with 4 half-Jersey calves and they looked a LOT like this, Two of those heifers were part of the Kudzu Corriente herd that we sold in 22. They were 20 yr ..old or so, and had calves on them when we sold out. You couldn't tell their Brangus calves from the ones out of the pure Corrs. Whatever she is, I bet she won't give Murray any trouble calving....won't get sick etc. She might end up being more profitable for him than any of the others!

I'm still holding off posting pics of this lil heifer. But she is NOT the little bitty tiny heifer i bought any more. And she's soooo slick. Her summer coat is beautiful!

Don't worry. I've got pics for later tho!

@Ky hills I look forward to seeing yours this fall as well!!

Last edited:
Just a bump for later...
I did take a couple pics today. But none are very good. It may be January before I sell her.
I wanta see that blonde heifer from the grey cow grow up. I'd take all of those I could get,
20230805_130230.jpg
Ok! Ok!!
Sneak peak!
Summer coat is SLICK and awesomeness! @Brute 23 See any brahma yet?
Screenshot_20230805-225005_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts