border collies

Help Support CattleToday:

Its really tough getting that first one started.
Handler that hasn't a clue
Dog that gets confused about the clues :)
And stock that won't play fair(because they are not dog broke)

Its soooo easy now-- but I remember that first one . That dog was a wonder to put up with what I and the calves did to it- and still come out the other side a solid stockdog.
Takes a real special dog to make it thru that.

Dogs_Corral_33006_037.jpg

This is my female red & white Border Collie. She is only two years old, but on heck of a hand. She has done some trialing, but just for the fun of it. I also have a red & white male that works well. They make a pretty good team when each listens to its' command.

I have a border collie as well.. We adopted her from the humane society, when she was about 6mo old.. Early on, when we first brought her home, we had her kennel in the house.. I taught her to go there for treats, which only took about three tries.. The kennel is now in a mudroom between the kitchen and back yard, and if she wants treats before coming in, she'll stand at the door of the kennel and look at me.. She'll come on in if I demand it, but I usually cave and give her treats. :lol: I figure any dog that's smart enough to figure out how to *ask* is worthy of a bone every now and then..

She's the only dog I've ever known that's trained ME to do something, though.. Wouldn't give her up for the world.

Latest posts