Border Wall Prototypes

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":3ssr1wuu said:
'see something..say something..get paid for it.'

My thought was to go further than "seeing". Experiment with what a human might devise to circumvent it. Lots of the comments above express skepticism as to whether it will stop a motivated "would be illegal alien" from getting to the other side. If a stretch say 300 feet long in say 5 proposed locations were tested, it might save a lot of money in building something that will not meet it's objectives.

I don't think anything done will be a 100%. What the wall will do is transform a sieve down to a trickle, which in turn will save money over the long haul. It will also slow the drug trade and criminal illegals down. The added border security will give the US greater control and I'm all for that.

slick4591":11jf170c said:
Bestoutwest":11jf170c said:
When tax dollars get spent on it, it becomes political.

Yeah, you're right. Bullets are a lot less expensive.

We all know this is hyperbole and that the US would never engage in that. It's an impossible solution that would result in some serious issues.

Kingfisher":11jf170c said:
I think your wrong. I like you and usually reaped your posts but I think your wrong if you don't think we can wall off Mexico.

That's fair, I hope I'm wrong, too, but I don't see it. According to the article I found from earlier this week, it is going to cost $15,000,000,000 to build this thing. I'm not sure that we're going to see the reward from spending that kind of money.

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/09/this-is ... st-us.html

Case-in-point, we've already spent a quarter of a trillion dollars since 1986, and it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem at all. So is throwing that much more money at the problem the correct solution? The real question is, is there actually a solution? The way I look at it is that NYC restaurants have every tool in the book to keep roaches and rats out of their kitchens, and they still can't do it. What makes us think we can do it with desperate humans?

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil. ... r-security

If the government and people of this land had the guts to enforce the laws we already have, you would only need a piece of string and two post to keep them out.

Bestoutwest":1i28cp1w said:
slick4591":1i28cp1w said:
Bestoutwest":1i28cp1w said:
When tax dollars get spent on it, it becomes political.

Yeah, you're right. Bullets are a lot less expensive.

We all know this is hyperbole and that the US would never engage in that. It's an impossible solution that would result in some serious issues.

Kingfisher":1i28cp1w said:
I think your wrong. I like you and usually reaped your posts but I think your wrong if you don't think we can wall off Mexico.

That's fair, I hope I'm wrong, too, but I don't see it. According to the article I found from earlier this week, it is going to cost $15,000,000,000 to build this thing. I'm not sure that we're going to see the reward from spending that kind of money.

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/09/this-is ... st-us.html

Case-in-point, we've already spent a quarter of a trillion dollars since 1986, and it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem at all. So is throwing that much more money at the problem the correct solution? The real question is, is there actually a solution? The way I look at it is that NYC restaurants have every tool in the book to keep roaches and rats out of their kitchens, and they still can't do it. What makes us think we can do it with desperate humans?

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil. ... r-security

I agree that the wall is not a fix all. But walls work. Like I said earlier you fence your pasture. Still sometimes cows get out. Why don't you hire a team of cowboy's to keep your cattle in instead of building a fence.
Nothing is more expensive than human workers. Believe me, trump knows this.
Instead of hiring more border agent's the point should be the wall will allow us to cut border agent's. And since the wall once built does not require a paycheck, medical and pension. It will pay for itself...
I'LL make it simple. Say you started "bestoutwest septic tank digging company"
You could hire five labors with shovels at 25,000 per year.

Ot you could buy a backhoe, truck and trailer for 100,000 a operator for 50,000and a labour for 25,000.
So without doing the exact math at around 1 1/2 years The equipment investment begins to earn you 50,000 per year.
I know there's fuel and maintenance. But trust people require much more maintenance. Especially government employees.
Not only do walls work strategically. It makes good business sense as well.

sim.-ang.king":1zmblsvi said:
If the government and people of this land had the guts to enforce the laws we already have, you would only need a piece of string and two post to keep them out.

Nope. The immigration laws have not stopped the invasion of illegal aliens especially along the border with Mexico. In fact, it does not even stop illegals from invading from Canada. If it was that simple, Trump would not have made the "wall" perhaps the centerpiece of his campaign for President. To use an analogy, you could put 5 Kentucky State Highway Patrol on every mile of US 68 between Maysville and Lexington, and I promise you, I could still get on and break the speed limit.

Perhaps you have something in mind like putting machine gun nests along every 100 yards of the border and executing anyone in sight??? Might work but our international reputation would be on par with North Korea not to mention that it would be contrary to immigration law which does not allow execution without due process.

slick4591":2pxzm61h said:
If we would whittle away at some of these numbers a wall wouldn't be a long term investment.

I had previously read that. If the wall works, it would be a good investment. Time spent in engineering, planning and testing is well spent.

Cross-7":2hbj70p0 said:
Bigfoot":2hbj70p0 said:
Not being overly critical, but what would stop them from scabbing together a ladder, and climbing on over?

My thought exactly. If I'm a poor Mexican and the only thing separating me from hunger and poverty is a fence.
I'll pole vault if I have to.

Only thing that's going stop the dope and human trafficking is technology and man power to police it

Its not going to be just a single wall. I saw where it shows that wall, then sensors, a road, and another cyclone type fence.

It will not prevent it 100% but it will make it much more manageable. They will always tunnel and stuff but a lot if that can be controlled with technology like sensors, drones, etc.

The problem is right now we have wide open areas along the border with only knee deep water separating Mexico from the USA. If you have not seen the videos there are large mobs that have formed and tempted to cross. They had to literally bring in black hawks to back them off.

I'm all for this wall. We have to do some thing. It's not fair for US or Mexican citizens that the border remain open like it is now.

Bright Raven":w7tjzmkz said:
greybeard":w7tjzmkz said:

My thought was to go further than "seeing". Experiment with what a human might devise to circumvent it. Lots of the comments above express skepticism as to whether it will stop a motivated "would be illegal alien" from getting to the other side. If a stretch say 300 feet long in say 5 proposed locations were tested, it might save a lot of money in building something that will not meet it's objectives.

Went right over your head.
I was talking about bounties. Pay bounty for catching them crossing the border and you won't need a wall.

greybeard":shbnkstv said:
Bright Raven":shbnkstv said:
greybeard":shbnkstv said:

Went right over your head.
I was talking about bounties. Pay bounty for catching them crossing the border and you won't need a wall.

You been watching reruns of Wanted Dead or Alive.

The drugs and criminals I don't know about. The ones that come here for grunt labor. Get rid of the free money and hand outs. The dead beats would have to go to work and fill those jobs. No work no reason to come here. But I'm sure some of our locals would steal rob etc. instead of working.

Bestoutwest":u3550lq5 said:
Mark my words: The border wall will be a bigger failure than Vietnam and the war on drugs. This will make Trump the most reviled president we've ever had. If you can't keep prisoners in a prison (minus Florence, CO), this fence won't work. Desperate people will find a way. I'd love to see the flow of people coming in staunched, but this will not be that cure.
The one in Isreal works, it's a combination of fences and walls and has plenty of security.

BK9954":17t56gsz said:
Bestoutwest":17t56gsz said:
Mark my words: The border wall will be a bigger failure than Vietnam and the war on drugs. This will make Trump the most reviled president we've ever had. If you can't keep prisoners in a prison (minus Florence, CO), this fence won't work. Desperate people will find a way. I'd love to see the flow of people coming in staunched, but this will not be that cure.
The one in Isreal works, it's a combination of fences and walls and has plenty of security.
But the Israelis don't mess around. They SOS, and will violate sovereignty to assassinate people. We play nicer than that.

Bestoutwest":srmx7lfp said:
BK9954":srmx7lfp said:
Bestoutwest":srmx7lfp said:
But the Israelis don't mess around. They SOS, and will violate sovereignty to assassinate people. We play nicer than that.
The point is we should model our borders after theirs. Playing nice with national sovereignty isn't justice to the Nation's citizens. Many people want to see the destruction of Isreal, and us as well. If they can do it, we can and should as well. Isreal knows its important to the survival of their nation, why dont we? It gets old having my State flowing with cartel, smugglers and illegal immigrants. In a time of war could we seal it pretty good? Yes! Of course there will be a few that can find a way but the border should be secured with heavy security detail, walls, technology, fences, coast gaurd, submarines, drones, gaurd towers..... shut it down,

Illegal immigrants are criminals, it's really just that simple. Israel treats illegal immigrants like we treat suspected terrorists in other countries, and the results speak for themselves.

BK9954":2ijaqakj said:
Bestoutwest":2ijaqakj said:
BK9954":2ijaqakj said:
The point is we should model our borders after theirs. Playing nice with national sovereignty isn't justice to the Nation's citizens. Many people want to see the destruction of Isreal, and us as well. If they can do it, we can and should as well. Isreal knows its important to the survival of their nation, why dont we? It gets old having my State flowing with cartel, smugglers and illegal immigrants. In a time of war could we seal it pretty good? Yes! Of course there will be a few that can find a way but the border should be secured with heavy security detail, walls, technology, fences, coast gaurd, submarines, drones, gaurd towers..... shut it down,

So, then, do you shoot people if they come on your land? If they're lost, just walking across your land (which would be weird, but whatever), trying to steal cattle, no matter, you just shoot them? Just pull out the gun, level the scope, and then BAM! lay them out b/c they were on your place?

littletom":do7b5cg5 said:
The drugs and criminals I don't know about. The ones that come here for grunt labor. Get rid of the free money and hand outs. The dead beats would have to go to work and fill those jobs. No work no reason to come here. But I'm sure some of our locals would steal rob etc. instead of working.

Well said, but we have to call out the people using them.
Folks beat their chest about immigrants, then turn right around and hire them. Then blame lazy Americans.
It's two separate problems.
This would fix itself if everyone practiced what they preach.
Quit hiring immigrants, quit doing business with those that do.
Ask your contractor , or the local cafe if their employees are legal. Put them on the spot.
. And if you think someone is using them , make the call.
1-866-dhs-2ice

True Grit Farms":39ex2fbr said:
Illegal immigrants are criminals, it's really just that simple. Israel treats illegal immigrants like we treat suspected terrorists in other countries, and the results speak for themselves.
Israel does whatever it takes to protect their nation. If you don't like it "flick off".

If and when we do build the wall I hope the top of it is like one of those 5 blade Gillette razors and just as sharp.

Latest posts