Border Wall Prototypes

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest":1eypur41 said:
That's fair, I hope I'm wrong, too, but I don't see it. According to the article I found from earlier this week, it is going to cost $15,000,000,000 to build this thing. I'm not sure that we're going to see the reward from spending that kind of money.
There is NO WAY to build an effective wall for that price.
There was an 6 lane bridge built over a river in Vancouver BC, along with some interchanges and new highway for about a 5 mile stretch.. the cost was 2 billion.. you're never making 100's of miles of wall for that price.. and certainly not in the time constraints of 3 years or less.

What could happen is you'll get 100 miles of wall and the money will run out and/or a new administration will kill it, leaving an expensive and useless landmark.

Found some other numbers
If the wall is built, it could be an expensive endeavour. Researchers at MIT estimated it could cost between US$27 and $40 billion — far from Trump's estimate of US$8 billion.

:compute:
Bestoutwest":16iojlam said:
BK9954":16iojlam said:
Bestoutwest":16iojlam said:
But the Israelis don't mess around. They SOS, and will violate sovereignty to assassinate people. We play nicer than that.
The point is we should model our borders after theirs. Playing nice with national sovereignty isn't justice to the Nation's citizens. Many people want to see the destruction of Isreal, and us as well. If they can do it, we can and should as well. Isreal knows its important to the survival of their nation, why dont we? It gets old having my State flowing with cartel, smugglers and illegal immigrants. In a time of war could we seal it pretty good? Yes! Of course there will be a few that can find a way but the border should be secured with heavy security detail, walls, technology, fences, coast gaurd, submarines, drones, gaurd towers..... shut it down,

So, then, do you shoot people if they come on your land? If they're lost, just walking across your land (which would be weird, but whatever), trying to steal cattle, no matter, you just shoot them? Just pull out the gun, level the scope, and then BAM! lay them out b/c they were on your place?
Don't shoot people on my property just for being on my property, that's a lawsuit and criminal charges waiting to happen. What kind of question is that? The one and only drugged out person that came screaming beating on my door in the middle of the night got held at gunpoint until the sheriff arrived. This isn't about my private property, this is about the border. The comment was about the borders of a Sovereign Nation being protected from invading unauthorized aliens.

callmefence":1glz7eub said:
littletom":1glz7eub said:
The drugs and criminals I don't know about. The ones that come here for grunt labor. Get rid of the free money and hand outs. The dead beats would have to go to work and fill those jobs. No work no reason to come here. But I'm sure some of our locals would steal rob etc. instead of working.

Well said, but we have to call out the people using them.
Folks beat their chest about immigrants, then turn right around and hire them. Then blame lazy Americans.
It's two separate problems.
This would fix itself if everyone practiced what they preach.
Quit hiring immigrants, quit doing business with those that do.
Ask your contractor , or the local cafe if their employees are legal. Put them on the spot.
. And if you think someone is using them , make the call.
1-866-dhs-2ice
We have very lazy immigrants as well. They are being trained from day 1. They hand out food stamp and welfare applications at the American Consulate down in Mexico!!!!!!! We let them in one the dole!!!!! Legally!!!!

Bestoutwest":1wfpksz7 said:
But the Israelis don't mess around. They SOS, and will violate sovereignty to assassinate people. We play nicer than that.

I find your choice of words hilarious. When illegals are trying to cross the border in Israel they are terrorist and enemy combatants, not someone looking to earn money. You may want to rethink that word, or are you looking to become employed by CNN?

BK9954":24btkr5j said:
Don't shoot people on my property just for being on my property, that's a lawsuit and criminal charges waiting to happen. What kind of question is that? The one and only drugged out person that came screaming beating on my door in the middle of the night got held at gunpoint until the sheriff arrived. This isn't about my private property, this is about the border. The comment was about the borders of a Sovereign Nation being protected from invading unauthorized aliens.

You are suggesting the US government do no less. That's why I asked. Last time I checked the Israeli's and Palestinians were at war, if you'd like that with Mexico go for it. I think you're in a worse position than I for something like that, unless the Canadians back the Mexicans.

slick4591":24btkr5j said:
Bestoutwest":24btkr5j said:

I find your choice of words hilarious. When illegals are trying to cross the border in Israel they are terrorist and enemy combatants, not someone looking to earn money. You may want to rethink that word, or are you looking to become employed by CNN?

Laugh it up, Slick. Then do some reading. I was responding to another's post about Israel. There is no way that I'd suggest shooting folks coming to the US. However, the Israeli's don't mess around. They will go wherever they want to take whomever they want.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herberts_ ... stwar_fate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wrath_of_God

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillehammer_affair

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahya_El_Mashad

When you have someone constantly wanting you dead,,Like the Muslims do Israel..you tend to want to nip it in the bud...we can stop ours without violence,they never will...they can thank Sarah for that..

Bestoutwest, Those links are not on point. What I have found is Israel has over 100,000 African immigrants they didn't "assassinate" living in country. It's the Arabs that choose to to enter the country illegally that are at risk because they are the terrorists. If you didn't know, Israel has legal entry points and those wanting to enter the country legally can if they qualify. How do you think the Arab on Israeli assaults are taking place? You own the verbiage you choose to use.

slick4591":1qe2i15s said:
Bestoutwest, Those links are not on point. What I have found is Israel has over 100,000 African immigrants they didn't "assassinate" living in country. It's the Arabs that choose to to enter the country illegally that are at risk because they are the terrorists. If you didn't know, Israel has legal entry points and those wanting to enter the country legally can if they qualify. How do you think the Arab on Israeli assaults are taking place? You own the verbiage you choose to use.
Over 20% of the permanent residents of Israel are Arab. All the Israelis are doing is enforcing the laws.

Latest posts