Book reccomendation

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle":1brzqrdk said:
"All Creatures Great and Small" by James Heriot. Given to me by a friend when I was hospitalized earlier this summer. A good laugh, a good read and some things never change.

I like everything he wrote. What a great look at the vet's life.

Look for some of Ferrol Sams works - Ride with the Horsemen, The Whisper of the River, When All the World Was Young, Down Town, The Widow's Mite, etc.

Claiming Ground by Laura Bell was very good.

I gave a copy to my daughter when she moved to Montana. I ended up breaking down and waiting alone and afoot at her house for two days waiting for my pickup to get fixed. I reread the book. It was even better the second time.

Anybody read anything other than western fiction? I love to read about the old west but prefer non fiction in any type book. Guess that's why I've never read 'Dreams of my father" by BHO. :lol: :lol2: :lol: :lol2: :shock:

TexasBred":3rrk35b9 said:
Anybody read anything other than western fiction? I love to read about the old west but prefer non fiction in any type book. Guess that's why I've never read 'Dreams of my father" by BHO. :lol: :lol2: :lol: :lol2: :shock:

That was my thought also, it's mostly western, cowboy books being recommended. :lol: I like fiction ...... Okay here it goes ..... One of the best series of books I have ever read was "The Game of Thrones". Beats the heck out of the HBO series.

Am reading "The Haj" by Leon Uris...guy that wrote Exodus and several others. Fiction but deeply researched. Also enjoyed "Empire of the Summer Moon" about the Commanche nation as well as "Commanche Empire". Got real brave a while back and started trying to read "Confessions" by St. Augustine of Hippo......man that's deep and I probably won't ever finish it.

I am reading, "Life is Uncertain, Eat the Dessert First". I don't know how good the book is going to be but I do like the idea.

neatest book i've had in some time. a friend bought it at a flea market and gave it to me. By Charles Towne and Edward Wentworth.. published in 1955.. "CATTLE AND MEN" it's the history of cattle and their interaction with human civilization... from prehistoric times to the cattle drives of the 1800's and to the "modern" 1950's... good read if you like cattle..

Just finished "You'll be SOR-REE" written by Sid Phillips. Got an autograph copy for my birthday. It's about his experience of joining the Marines on Dec 8,1941 at age 17. The HBO mini series "The Pacific" was based on his service at Guadalcanal. Dr. Phillips is still with us a 88 years young and resides in Mobile, AL.
Super good read, could not put it down til finished.

Latest posts