Book reccomendation

Help Support CattleToday:

xbred":3j4byip8 said:
neatest book i've had in some time. a friend bought it at a flea market and gave it to me. By Charles Towne and Edward Wentworth.. published in 1955.. "CATTLE AND MEN" it's the history of cattle and their interaction with human civilization... from prehistoric times to the cattle drives of the 1800's and to the "modern" 1950's... good read if you like cattle..

That sounds like an interesting book - can't find it still in print, maybe I'll have a look on Ebay.

The Shop Keeper- by James D Best

I am only a couple chapters in, but so far an excellent read.

cross_7":bz4qm2bm said:
new book to be released feb 2013
Chaparral Range War by Dusty Richards(Feb 5, 2013)
He just released "Blue Roan Colt" the first of December. I started it last night.

I have established a nice Collection of Books. All from DIY books like ULTIMATE GUIDE Home Repair and Improvements by: Creative Homeowners, to Jules Vern, H.G. Wells, Gunsmith- From my fathers collection over 700 books alone in that one. Twilight books (Wife's) but I have read the first one and I must say they are a good read. Journey to the Centerof the Earth & Time Machine are some of the greatest books I have ever read. As far as Farm/Cattle I have quite a Few of them like Storey's Guide to RAISING BEEF CATTLE, Joel Salatin:YOU CAN FARM, Backyard HOMESTEADING, Small-Scale Livestock Farming, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of COUNTRY LIVING, John Seymour: The SELF-SUFFCIENT LIFE and hot to live it, Dick & James Strawbridge: Self Sufficiency FOR THE 21st Century.. List goes on and on, I try to keep an exstensive libary for when SHTF and we have no PC to use or able to look stuff up.. Books are far better then movies and more detailed.. O yes we have about 7 different types of Bibles to #1 Seller!

Isomade":1yn5hih6 said:
cross_7":1yn5hih6 said:
He just released "Blue Roan Colt" the first of December. I started it last night.

I missed that one somehow
thanks

cross_7":2qcsqd61 said:
Isomade":2qcsqd61 said:
cross_7":2qcsqd61 said:

I missed that one somehow
thanks
It's great so far. May make my top 10 list.

john250":3rmtpulu said:
MistyMorning":3rmtpulu said:
This summer I'm way into Saxon/Dane history in England.

Dun's recommendation is a great read. Have you started your annual reading yet?

Should I be surprised your into books about looting and pillaging?

No, maybe I should have posted that in the thread on other activities we enjoy. :D

Lamb In His Bosom, Shades of Gray Trilogy, Light Between Oceans, Abide With Me, Animal Farm, anything by David Sedaris.

Isomade":hzcy2vpi said:
cross_7":hzcy2vpi said:

Mark Shaw was kind of like your angus bull last year :D

cross_7":7f9mg9j9 said:
Isomade":7f9mg9j9 said:
cross_7":7f9mg9j9 said:

Mark Shaw was kind of like your angus bull last year :D
No doubt, a little too much so.
BTW- that 13 month old bull has produced 21 calves in 14 days.

I just read Log of Cowboy by Andy Adams. Pretty good read. Although it is a fictional cattle drive story, the author was a working cowboy in the 1880's. He did work cattle drives so reality of that first hand knowledge shows through.

I just started new book by Jory Sherman(trail drive book to Nebraska, cant remember the name)
and so far I ain't impressed.
Seems like I read him before and liked him but I don't know for sure, I may have him confused with someone else
Anybody read his books ?

cross_7":278fvwqr said:
I just started new book by Jory Sherman(trail drive book to Nebraska, cant remember the name)
and so far I ain't impressed.
Seems like I read him before and liked him but I don't know for sure, I may have him confused with someone else
Anybody read his books ?
No, bit I did just read "The Cowboy and the Cossak" by Clair Huffaker. One of the top 10 I have ever read. I'm reading "Apache Lawman" by Phil Dunlap now, I'm enjoying it quite well.

One Second After
Book by William R. Forstchen
One Second After is a 2009 fiction novel by American writer William R. Forstchen. The novel deals with an unexpected electromagnetic pulse attack on the United States as it affects the people

Latest posts