Book reccomendation

Help Support CattleToday:

Dogs and Cows":2tur4al9 said:
I enjoy a lot of western reading...but I also am a big fan of the "dark ages" especially in England. A great historical fiction series to read is by Bernard Cornwell, called the Saxon Series. It follows a young Northumbrian boy named Uhtred who is captured by the Danes and becomes one of them. But the twist is his servitude to King Alfred the Great. It is a fantastic series and one that I highly recommend.

I recently read "The Time it Never Rained" and it has to be one of the best book I have ever read. Fantastic!

I appreciate all the suggestions from this thread!

Tim

The Elmer Kelton trilogy
Six bits a day
The good ol'boys
The smiling country
Are some of my favorites

A kid i grew up with wrote this. He worked for my Dad some back when we were running racehorses. As he would say I pert near kilt him one time. We had a aluminium saucer tied to a lariet and dallyed to the saddlehorn and i am riding a little colt named Rocky Vic in the arena. There was about 6 in of snow on the ground and i am riding tight circles with Denny on the saucer. he was going so fast he was skipping like a rock. I got distracted and rode too close to the woven wire fence we had around the arena and stuck him head first under the wire. We barely got him dug out before he suffocated. He took it well as he was always a good sport.
Anyway here is his book and it's a pretty good read.

http://www.amazon.com/Western-poetry-co ... 144159504X

Just finished "The Fall of the House of Dixie", about the civil war. Well researched and thousands of quotes from soldiers, generals and civilians.

Latest posts