need a well pump reccomendation

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

My pump took a dump yesterday. Shallow well. So far I have put 2 in from home depot and they both suck. One was 1 hp, and the other a 1.5 hp. Being a weekend I can't go to the supply houses, but gotta get a good one installed this weekend. So, its lowes, home depot, or tractor supply. If anyone has replaced on or put one in, and had good reults, let me know please. I'm looking for about 60psi and 10gpm or better. Seems pumps are over rated compared to what they actually do in real life. Thanks

Go with a major brand name pump. Such as Goulds, Berkley, etc. Figure about 80% efficiency on a pump & motor. How deep is well? Did sand cause pump to crash? Also consider checking with any Farm & Ranch stores that might be open...not much chance on Sunday, however.

If pump is trying to pump water faster than well is re-charging can cause pump to cavitate and burn out sooner.

I'm probably not much help here.. :)

Well has plenty of water. The storms last week had lotsa lightning and that is what put it on its last leg. Static water level is 10 ft below pump level, so its not a long draw at all. I'm looking to see if tractor supply has the goulds pumps, either that or a meyers. Thanks

Picked up a 1hp national pump today and got it in. Puts out 15gpm and 70 psi..I'm happy with that. It wasn't cheap, but its all cast iron and well built

Latest posts