Working on a Book.. and looking for help.

Help Support CattleToday:

PLTannery

Reaction score
I am currently in the research phase of a book, and looking to acquire specimens that I can photograph and feature in it. Seeking all types of livestock including cattle, horses, llamas, alpacas, goats, sheep, pigs, rabbits and poultry. Looking for all types of deformities, from the simple to the weird. We always purchase specimens. We also offer custom preservations if you would like to keep your specimen but still have it featured in the book. This include traditional taxidermy, wet preservation and freeze drying. Please check out the files for more information on preserving your specimen for sale or preservation. Also looking for people willing to share stories/photos of things that may have been born in the past on your farm.

Feel free to post photos of any critter you have a question about, I will do my best to answer any questions. I do have a facebook group dedicated to the search if anyone would like to check it out. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529387857347557/

Thank you! Your support in this project is greatly appreciated.

Shelby

Shelby I sure hope that I never have anything for you. But I think your book will be interesting. Good luck!

I know I hope never to have oddities again, but they do happen. What is amazing is about half of the oddities I buy the farmer/rancher was not aware that the stillborn had an anomaly. So pay attention to those dead things... Swipe the inside of the mouth to check for clefts, check the feet, tail, etc..

So many factors can cause issues that even the small farmer has a chance... Too much 2-4D, Random Toxic weed, Bad Mineral, Genetic issues, freak development. We will probably feature other things that are not really "Birth Defects" but still weird, like aborted feti and the stages of development and mummies.

At this point I have a few interesting ones, Classic calf with 2 heads, Calf with two faces, Scistosoma reflexus calf, Congenital hydrocephalus calf (angus), Calf with 8 legs, two heads joined at the sternums, several lambs and goat kids with facial deformities and multiple rabbits. I am aiming for about 60-75 specimens that can be detailed for the book...about 8 or so each of the most common livestock.

Still on the lookout for anything unusual! Please keep me in mind. You can effeminately remain anonymous if you so desire!

Thank you for the help~

Shelby

PLTannery":35rixwqp said:
Still on the lookout for anything unusual! Please keep me in mind. You can effeminately remain anonymous if you so desire!

Thank you for the help~

Shelby

:pretty: :pretty: :pretty:

Lol... I don't even know what that word means. Probably autocorrect typing for me.

Latest posts