Black white face gelbvieh??

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good":1n3zkl0q said:
For the last 5 years or so, I've been running a Polled Hereford bull w/ a few PB black Gelbvieh cows they make some nice females.
B&G
I named her Quarter Horse.

Gelbford bull calf that got banded.

All these are out of Reg. Hereford bull & Reg. PB Black Gelbvieh cows. B&G
Thanks B&G, Really good lookin'! My fave is Quarter Horse :)

:cboy:

I want to clarify something in regards to your question. The gelbvieh association will register purebred animals as either percentage gelbvieh or balancer and there is one breeder in Kansas (circle s) who applied for his own trademark of Gelford which is gelbvieh crossed with Hereford and these animals are refgistered as well. So, what is the significance of this? If you had registered Herefords and decided to switch to Gelbvieh bulls, the calves could be registered under the gelbvieh association as percentage gelbvieh. If you had angus or red angus cows/bulls and you crossed with the gelbvieh you can register them as balancers through the gelbvieh association. Balancer is a registered trademark as well.

So, to the point of the question, could you have a black and white face gelbvieh? You could have a registered percentage gelbvieh bull that is an F1 Hereford/Gelbvieh cross that is searchable and found in the gelbvieh association database, yes.

Hope that helps

3waycross said:
In fact I had one born last week..........a mixup at the semen company had me putting a straw of Club Calf(Maine) semen in one of my Gelbvieh cows last year. Believe me when I say you coulda knocked me over with a feather when that calf turned around and showed my the prettiest blaze face you ever saw. The added benefit of this is that it revealed that a heifer from last year is the same cross but because she's solid black she slipped by. At 11 months she is really showing signs of the clubby influence. If I get a chance I will post a picture...he is definitely a heavy boned square topped hairy little fella
You still have these clubby calves?

3waycross said:
strihafarms said:
That's what I thought but someone made it sound like you couldn't

I've seen some beautiful red baldies made from red GV bulls and herf females.

3 way I agree. We have some Hereford cows and do have a red GV bull. Just had a real nice all white face and white chest Gelbford heifer calf born yesterday. One of my favorite crosses for replacements along with my Black baldie/GV cross.

Yes
Has anyone heard of a black white face gelbvieh? Somebody around said they have black white face gelbviehs and was just curious.
Thanks
Yes, Wohl Farms in North Dakota has homo-black purebred Gelbvieh Black White Face bulls and females. It's taken 5 generations to get there.

Latest posts