Best tasting beef

Help Support CattleToday:

While I don't put it on eggs, the Whataburger Spicey Ketchup is the bomb!
I don't douse the eggs. Runny yoaks, jalapeños, and a touch a the sprice from ketchup just has a taste I like. Especially if you mop it up with some toast or some thing.

I put it in ranch style beans and stuff also to thicken them up and add a little spice.

Ketchup on scrambled eggs is perfectly acceptable. Not sure about fried eggs. Tony chachere's is just about enough for a fried egg.
some HP sauce is good on eggs too

I found Franks thick buffalo ranch sauce is pretty good on a lot of stuff.

Saw a youtube video where some guys were comparing grass-fed to grain fed. They put the steaks in what a guess was a cooking bag and put it in boiling water for a while. Afterwards they pulled the steaks out of the bag and seared both sides with a torch.

Any of you ever try that? I like the torch idea.

Saw a youtube video where some guys were comparing grass-fed to grain fed. They put the steaks in what a guess was a cooking bag and put it in boiling water for a while. Afterwards they pulled the steaks out of the bag and seared both sides with a torch.

Any of you ever try that? I like the torch idea.
It is called Sous Vide in the water bath. You can guarantee that the internal temp is perfect that way, but I still prefer the grill.

My sister-in-law puts ketchup on everything. I refuse to cook her a good steak, like ribeye.
She wants it WELL DONE and then adds ketchup!! 🤮 So, the best steak she gets here is sirloin.
My wife and mother in law are that way, I take mine off the grill and leave theirs longer then they are still running back to put them back on the grill. At least they don't put ketchup on them.
Medium rare for me, a very little bit of salt and some pepper.

It is called Sous Vide in the water bath. You can guarantee that the internal temp is perfect that way, but I still prefer the grill.
Ya I have had it out of the machine deal that looks like tupaware and was not impressed.

I don't eat steaks out of a pan either. I ask it the steak will be cooked over a fire.

Not a roast or pulled pork fan either. My brisket better have some bark.

Ya I have had it out of the machine deal that looks like tupaware and was not impressed.

I don't eat steaks out of a pan either. I ask it the steak will be cooked over a fire.

I like steak grilled over a fire the best, but will eat one from a pan too. We really like roasts, there's so much you can do with them, and a good sized roast will last us for several meals in vegetable soup.
I like pretty much all things pork too, but my wife doesn't.

I like steak grilled over a fire the best, but will eat one from a pan too. We really like roasts, there's so much you can do with them, and a good sized roast will last us for several meals in vegetable soup.
We bought a pig from a local guy. We usually like pork. We usually like side pork. This side pork was cut so THICK it's awful. So I've been smoking it on the smoker for 45 minutes to an hour and eating it that way. At least it has some flavor. I didn't know pork could be so bland. At least the sausage is good. And we got some ground pork which isn't supposed to have a lot of flavor. The pork chops and side pork are tasteless. And we got a lot of side pork, no bacon, just really thick sliced side pork.🥴

What a disappointment.
Did I mention the pork chops are tough?

I don't mind roast with vegetables in soup... it's when they call it BBQ and it tastes like roast.😄

I like pork steaks... not a fan of pork chops.

I've had quite a few expensive steaks. People love to bring high dollar steaks, cigars, and booze to the ranch. I've yet to taste a steak that justified the bs or price over my HEB steak and the Webber. Booze and cigars... thats a different story. 😁

We bought a pig from a local guy. We usually like pork. We usually like side pork. This side pork was cut so THICK it's awful. So I've been smoking it on the smoker for 45 minutes to an hour and eating it that way. At least it has some flavor. I didn't know pork could be so bland. At least the sausage is good. And we got some ground pork which isn't supposed to have a lot of flavor. The pork chops and side pork are tasteless. And we got a lot of side pork, no bacon, just really thick sliced side pork.🥴

What a disappointment.
That has seemed to be the story I've heard a lot from folks that have bought the show type pigs. If I ever get the nerve up to fatten a few hogs, I'm going into the mountains here and buying pigs from folks that have been breeding their own stock, from more heritage type hogs.

I don't mind roast with vegetables in soup... it's when they call it BBQ and it tastes like roast.😄

I like pork steaks... not a fan of pork chops.

I've had quite a few expensive steaks. People love to bring high dollar steaks, cigars, and booze to the ranch. I've yet to taste a steak that justified the bs or price over my HEB steak and the Webber. Booze and cigars... thats a different story. 😁
Yeah I understand that roast is roast not barbecue.
I've never been a fan of the expensive steaks either. One of the worst steaks I've had was at what was supposed to have been a fancy restaurant in FL that served CAB. I prefer our homegrown Angus or Hereford beef. Grocery store Choice steaks are usually ok.
I'll pass on the booze and cigars, just not my thing.😂

What a disappointment.
We bought a pig from a guy that fattened it on milk. Talk about BLAND. And so much fat that after trimming it was half the weight. I'll never do that again.

My wife liked side pork... but the COST!!! How can a cut of meat be so expensive raw compared to the same cut (bacon) smoked? I've never been able to figure that one out.

Then you have never had a good pulled pork with a ton of bark on the outside and then pulled. I get it that Tx is about beef but in the East, a good pulled pork or pork ribs are just as good as brisket.

I have had steak that ketchup was an improvement. But a good steak I put nothing at all on it. I want my steak rare, as in dehorn him, wipe his rear, run him through a hot kitchen, and give me a sharp knife. Cook it hot and very fast.
I usually say "It should still moo when you poke it"

Cooked on a BBQ or fire is definitely better than pan fried, but we don't do much BBQ and I won't complain about pan fried20160821_131916sm.jpg

Then you have never had a good pulled pork with a ton of bark on the outside and then pulled. I get it that Tx is about beef but in the East, a good pulled pork or pork ribs are just as good as brisket.
I have had some good pulled pork. I have had good pork chops too. My complaint is like 1 out of 10 are good... most are not. I just play the odds. 😆

Wood fire grilled a few fillets off my Corriente this past weekend for the wife and I's anniversary. They were fantastic with a great smoke flavor. The best was we had one left over that I sliced thin and put on top of a cream cheese bagel the next morning. With the smoke and the creamy cheese man that was incredible!

Latest posts